PHOTO FUN week of 4/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Miles, Herc, I made the poles from .032" brass wire. The chain link is a sort of tulle. I was looking for some good material for a chain link fence for quite a while and I didn’t know, that we already had this stuff for months now :curse: . I found it just by chance, when I rummaged in some drawers yesterday, looking for something else. This tulle was used to decorate a gift that my wife got a while ago. She didn’t throw it away with the wrapping paper, because she thought it might be of some use somehow. Sometimes she’s got some really good ideas :D . I’ll be searching some shops for this tulle that sell stuff to wrap up and decorate gifts.

Deano, that’s a beautiful new engine. Did FM always do their demonstrators in this paint scheme?

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Caught L&N train #35 today just coming off the bridge at Quicks Cut.
HPIM9674.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Deano
Great looking F-M unit!

Chessie4155
Cool shots of the cat! The L&N unit is neat looking although in much better shape then the ones I used to see on the Philly Sub in the early days of CSX.

Jesso
Neat scene!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
TomPM said:
Deano
Great looking F-M unit!
THANKS!:D, Tom. I have been wanting a FM H16-44 demonstrator for quite some time, GLAD i got one now:thumb:.

Tom, VERY NICE job on your LNE:thumb:.

hey, if you liked that FM, i have an engine coming that i hope will make it in THIS weeks thread, but might not get in till next week. i have a couple clues as to what it is, the ONLY rule is Steve(Nazgul) CANT guess(that would be cheating;)).

my BIG STEAM collection is really moving FORWARD, the engine on the way is smaller then a Big Boy, but larger then a Challenger:D. Any guesses?:D -Deano

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Hmmm. :confused: I'm not aware of any Z-whatever ;) (Northern Pacific) locos recently released. How about an Allegheny in U.P. paint? :rolleyes: Or maybe a N&W Y-6? There was, at one time, a merger proposed between U.P. and N&W. :D

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
doctorwayne said:
Hmmm. :confused: I'm not aware of any Z-whatever ;) (Northern Pacific) locos recently released. How about an Allegheny in U.P. paint? :rolleyes: Or maybe a N&W Y-6? There was, at one time, a merger proposed between U.P. and N&W. :D

Wayne
Wayne, you almost ALWAYS are the one to guess my clues:thumb:. i think you are pulling my leg on this one, and really know what it is;).

its NOT the engines you mentioned, though i REALLY like ALL the ones you wrote down:thumb::D. sorry, i cant give any more clues without giving the answer up:D. :D -Deano

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
UP SD40-2 said:
my BIG STEAM collection is really moving FORWARD, the engine on the way is smaller then a Big Boy, but larger then a Challenger:D. Any guesses?:D -Deano

Somebody release a U.P. turbine? :D And looking through my Walthers catalogue, I see that the Y-6 that I mentioned is the loco from Precision Craft: I was actually thinking of the Y-3, from Proto, which is available in U.P. paint.

Wayne

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Wow!!! That was your first attempt?!?!? I'd say you did great...that rust looks great and so does the various colorings on the car. How did you do it? (Or better yet...give the details on the Weathering thread.)

pfs

Mar 22, 2007
DETROIT
Thank you! It was my first HO car. My 4th car overall. (My scale is N)

I just followed instructions/techniques. (link below)

I was using AIM powders and gouache (think water colors on streiods) oh and I used a dremel on the car body also.

Go here:

http://www.modeltrainsweathered.com/

Join….read…read some more….read again…try…then post.

I spent more than a few weeks soaking up all the great knowledge and finally felt confident enough to try.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
pfs, VERY NICE JOB weathering that gon:thumb: .

Wayne, i have been drooling over that UP Y3;), its SLAP AWESOME!:thumb:...but thats NOT the engine being sent to me:D. THANK YOU Wayne for taking a few guesses as to what my NEWEST engine is:thumb:. i WILL NOW end the insanitytooth1;
UP SD40-2 said:
THATS RIGHT FOLKS, its an AC12 SP 4-8-8-2 CAB FORWARD!:eek::D ITS supposed to be at my door Friday:thumb:. I'll post pics as soon as it arrives;). :D -Deano View attachment 36654

Attachments

• 4-8-8-2.JPG
    4-8-8-2.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 85

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
WHAT? SOUTHERN PACIFIC? Who would have thought of that? Deano, you must admit that it was not fair, to make us guess on this one sign1 .

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
There's a little bit of everything going on this week!!!!!

EVERYONE is doing a great job!!!!:thumb:

Kurt...that fence is awesome!:thumb: did you have to color the material in any way?
Deano...It was hard for me to keep my mouth shut, but I did:D .........for a change
pfs...I just threw my girder bridge in the toilet where, I can see now, it belongs......wonderful wonderful job:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

AGAIN, outstanding pics everybody!!!!

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
WOW DEANO---now that's a steam engine---here's a picture from the california railroad museum in sacramento of the real thing---i'll bet the firebox on this locomotive could almost hold a cn northern sign1

2005California057.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
cnw1961 said:
WHAT? SOUTHERN PACIFIC? Who would have thought of that? Deano, you must admit that it was not fair, to make us guess on this one sign1 .

Not to worry: Dean's going to patch it over as a U.P. ;) :D :D
Nice lookin' loco, Dean. :thumb: :thumb: My favourite of the AC class is the AC-9, the coal-burner built by Lima in 1939. Rated by Espee mechanical men as superior to the others, and distinctive in its own way, its unique appearance was overshadowed by later models, including the AC-12.

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
rrol61 said:
dean, your cab forward came today, stop by.
I was TOTALLY SURPRISED when dad posted this:eek:, i didn't think i would have the AC12 till Friday:eek:ops:.

Steve:wave:, THANK YOU for NOT GIVING IT AWAY:thumb:(my GOOD FRIEND Steve(Nazgul) was the FIRST to know about it:))

Kurt:wave:, i DID throw you guys for a loop on this one huh:D. i thought the clues i gave would have made it EASY to figure out:D, i even capitalized the word FORWARD and a cab forward(4-8-8-2) DOES fall right between a Big Boy(4-8-8-4) and a Challenger(4-6-6-4);). hey, sure I'm a TOTAL UNION PACIFIC nut:D, but there other roads i have interest in too;). i REALLY LIKE: CNW, The Milwaukee Road, Rio Grande, GBW, and WSOR too:thumb:. fact is, i am not that big of an SP fan, BUT i have ALWAYS wanted a cab forward, they are just SLAP AWESOME!:D

nutbar:wave:, THANK YOU!, for the complement:D, and posting that AWESOME pic of the ONLY surviving cab forward:thumb:.

Wayne:wave:, NO, i AM NOT going to "patch" it for UPsign1 (though for a split second i thought about ittooth1.) THANK YOU for the complement:). i liked ALL the "AC" class engines, but didn't know the AC9's were made by Lima, i thought they all were made by Baldwin:eek:ops:, THANK YOU for the info:thumb:. the model i have IS an AC12, i believe they were the LAST of the AC class engines, and were the largest of them.

HERE IT IS!!!:D DON'T ask me how it runs:eek:ops:, i haven't got the sound decoder for it yet, but its on it way from Walther's:thumb:, should be in tomorrow. SORRY the pics are not great, i have to work on my lighting, black engines just don't show up well with the lighting i have now:eek:ops:. :D -Deano View attachment 36657 View attachment 36658 View attachment 36661 View attachment 36660

Attachments

• 48821.JPG
    48821.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 48822.JPG
    48822.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 48824.JPG
    48824.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 48823.JPG
    48823.JPG