other hobbies?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ding chavez, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

My other hobby is cars in the 12 inches to the foot scale. Boy if you think model railroading is expensive! I have a 1987 Firebird T/A with a roller cam 350 tpi motor and 5 speed. The body is done, most of the mechanicals are done, I just need to do the A/C and now I need to finish the interior. I have a 1970 Chevy 1/2 ton pick up in my driveway that is the next project.
  2. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

You know zedob, when I took a first glance at your drawing I thought it was a grainy photograph! Swell looking piece of woik!

Other diversions I take part in are photography, drawing (Here's a sketch I did on the back of a notebook.And my apologies to the moderators if they find this to be a bit too "much")
    , making "movies", watching classic films (especially cartoons), swiping vintage photos from the internet, old time radio (I recently got my hands on a 1938 Philco tabletop model) and music, namely classic jazz and pop from the 1920's thru the 1940's.
  3. Dick Elmore

Dick Elmore Member

:wave: I enjoy watching movies on VCR and DVD and TV. I collect metal model cars. In the summer, I race sports cars. (Road racing, etc.) Right now I'm watching the 24 hours of Daytona, my kind of racing!!

Texas Chief
  4. My hobbies

All expensive!

In addition to Model Railroading, I collect Japanese Animation (I have a 20 GB/month download habit, and had a $200 month DVD habit for anime which will return after I'm done with this second degree!), play Magic: The Gathering (Also known as cardboard crack!) and Role-Playing Games, build computers and play video games. I also do some miniatures wargaming.
  5. zedob

zedob Member

From some of these posts, I'm beginning to believethat MRRing is one of the cheapest hobbies to get into. Guess it's relative.

That, or MRRers are cheap. Who the heck else would look outside to find weeds to make trees?
  6. max diyer

max diyer New Member

I'm into motorcycles (dirt & Harleys), woodworking, metal fabrication, fishing (mostly bass, but will fish all freshwater species). I have a R/C off-road car, but I am selling to invest in MRR. Computers, on & off-line.
  7. max diyer

max diyer New Member

Hey Arizona Heat, you must have a wife that likes to shop!sign1
  8. Arizona Heat

Arizona Heat Member

IALMAO..........What wife don't[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Hey..zebob. That looks like the old power house in Collinsville CT! Next to the old Collins Axe factory.
    I'm also into NASCAR die-cast car collecting, I have over 500 pieces in all four scales. Believe it or not, not as much Dale Jarrett as you think, though that is getting big.
  10. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

Riding four wheelers
    Drag Racing
    Tinkering with my Mustang
    Bass Guitar
    Drinking Beer
    Being Lazy :D
  11. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Used to collect NASCAR, build and fly model rockets, canoeing and bicycling. Found it stretched my resources too much as I am involved in a variety of ministry opportunities so I pared it all down to one hobby---model trains---and that on a very limited budget. I do still gather up HO or near HO scale diecast vehicles at yard sales when I can and the price and timing is right...

Attached Files:

12. ding chavez

ding chavez Member

crap, i meant call of duty. thats the game i was addicted to.

i also played the medal of honor games, (mostly european assault), but on xbox and not the computer like call of duty so i only played the one player campaigns since i dont have xbox live.
  13. ding chavez

ding chavez Member

waht kind of mustang? do you have any mods on it?

and what are some guns you own?
  14. toolman

toolman Member

My other hobby is slotcars, 1/24 scale, run on commerical tracks, like Trains and lanes easton paand the race place in the freehold nj area.
  15. nachoman

nachoman Guest

i got a mustang - 65 coupe. I've driven her over 100,000 miles since I got her, and probably just passed 400,000 miles total. No modifications on this car - whatever it takes to get her to drive safely.

16. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

17. lionelfan

lionelfan Member

My other hobbies are building model cars and collecting 1:24 and 1:18 diecast cars. I also collect most anything automotive related ( sales catalogs, manuals, emblems, hubcaps, etc.)
  18. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Photography, listening to classical music, some theatre, and, of course, railroad history and lore.
  19. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

Motorcyles (Kawasaki 1500 Meanstreak, Suzuki SV 650)
    Woodworking (350 sq/ft woodshop in progress)
    Waterskiing/Recreational Boating (Kawasaki STX 12F)
    Gran Turismo 4 (anyone who has played this game knows it is a hobby unto itself.)
  20. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

I used to restore classic cars, motorcycles and trucks (18 wheelers) and build street rods and custom motorcycles also.
    Now it's just trains and horses.

Attached Files: