New Moderators

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Hi everyone, We are pleased to announce the appointment of two new moderators today. Jon-Monon will be replacing Shamus who had to step down due to ill-health. We'd like to thank Shamus for the enormous contribution he has made at the Gauge and wish Shamus a speedy recovery.

Robin Matthysen (Matthyro) has been appointed moderator of the "Real Thing:Canada" forum and co-moderator of the Scratchin' & Bashin' and N Scale forums with Catt!.

I know everyone will join with me in offering their Best Wishes to Jon and Robin in their new roles.

Regards
Dave Hagan

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Congrats guys on the new appointments I know that there will be much anticipation to see how you put your stamp on the forums.
Shamus I know you are sorely missed and hope that you come back to see us as often as your health allows.Thanks for all your
great work,it is unfortunate that alot of the new guys won't get to
see your work here.Is the cd(s) still being sold?

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Congratulations Robin and Jon.

We know that your forums will flourish as before.

And while Shamus is not here regularly, he has made his mark with his fine skill and craftmanship which we all strive to achieve. I would say that each of us has something on our layouts or in our plans that has been influenced bu the Master. Best wishes Paul for your recovery.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Jon and Robin - congratulations to your appointments. I'm convinced that the respective forums are in very good hands with you two. (Jon, just take care that the LPBs won't interfere with your work! :D :D :D )

And once again, thank you Shamus for all you've done for us and the forum. We hope to see you on the forum from time to time - just take care, and we hope that your health will improve quickly. :) :) :)

Ron

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi All,

Dave Hagan emailed me to let me know that Jon was taking over my forums, so good luck

Jon & Robin congratulations on your appointments.

Shamus

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Shamus you are sorely missed and we all hope and pray for a fast improvement in your health! Congrats to Jon and Robin, you both are excellent choices and I thank you for taking on these tasks.

P.S. Don't forget to tell Dave you want a private office and secretary like Shamus has! :D

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Happy Happy, Joy joy!

Congratulations on your appointments Jon and Robin!

No drinkin' while you moderate posts now ;)

I can't think of anyone more qualified for the positions than you two.

I already miss Shamus :( may he recover soon and be back modeling and having fun.

C

Catt

Jon,welcome to the mods.I have no doubts you will do an awesome job.

Robin,it looks like we get to partner up again,Do you see a trend starting here?:D Oh and congrats on the Canada forum assignment too.Dave couldn't have made a better choice.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I would like to thank all of you for the warm wishes and encouragement! It means so much to me coming from such good friends and real pros in the hobby. I feel so honored to be entrusted and thank "the-gauge" for doing so. In turn, I will serve to the best of my abilities. Shamus sure leaves a tough act to follow!!! Surely, I will never match his level of talent, commitment and contribution to the hobby, but I sure can try! I guess the biggest thanks has to go to shamus for his contributions to the gauge and to the hobby. His guidance has fueled my growth in the hobby as well as the growth of countless others. I spoke to him on the phone today, and rest assured, he is in good spirits and continuing to work on his new On30 layout. Bless all of you, my good friends on the-gauge!

pcentral

Jul 17, 2002
Central California
Visit site
Congrats on the appointments, guys! I am sure you will both do the best you can to keep this place top notch. Great to hear Paul is doing well, I wish you all the best my friend. You are "The Gauge" and your absence is felt!
P.S. Jon, glad the meds are working so you could take on such a task:D .
Steve

Congratulations, Jon and Robin, on your appointment as Moderators. I know you'll do an outstanding job keeping the rowdies around here in their place. :D

Shamus, there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. I hope you get well soon and are able to return to The Gauge with your insightful posts and those great layout photos. :)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Thanks for all the encouragment and support you have shown me.
The GAUGE is growing in popularity and it is becoming difficult to keep up with all the posting. Much of the growth is due to the strong leadership shown by Paul(Shamus) We will miss him as a moderator but will enjoy his future posts. Catt and N Gauger have done a great job too so hopefully Jon and I can help in the continuing growth of the GAUGE.