N scale brewery

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Big Mark, Jan 10, 2006.

1. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Mark: you don't have to restrict yourself to kits that say "Brewery" on the cover. Almost any industrial building could be substituted, claiming that the brewery specific parts are hidden behind the main structure.
  2. Big Mark

Big Mark Member

could not agree more 60103, just really liked the look of this one, I won it on ebay now and is being send over this side of the pond but I may not like it when it gets over here and may use something else....really getting into this now:thumb:
  3. FiveFlat

FiveFlat Member

Ohh! That model power is PERFECT for a nice Equine Ranch barn! Just have to sell that stack to the industrial park on the other side of the mountain!
  4. shortliner

shortliner Member

Thats not rural - that's BUCOLIC!
    Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands
  5. Big Mark

Big Mark Member

I had to look up Bucolic!!!

1. Of or characteristic of the countryside or its people; rustic. See Synonyms at rural.
    2. Of or characteristic of shepherds or flocks; pastoral.

But yep, thats the one, half my layout will be a farm
  6. shortliner

shortliner Member

Mark - I know you are looking for N - but inspiration may be found at http://barmillsmodels.com/dailymoose_01_06.html
    BTW Model Power did a pickle factory in HO (not sure if it is available in N) that would go well with your brewery as an extension
  7. pontiacsforever

pontiacsforever New Member

Do either of these kits include interior pieces (the various vats, etc)? I'm still looking for ideas for my brewery, built from a Walthers Power Station kit.

Thanks, :)
  8. Big Mark

Big Mark Member

I'm afraid not marc, I have only seen a HO kit with interior detail, no N scale.
  9. brakie

brakie Active Member

10. Big Mark

Big Mark Member

Ok, now the model power kit has arrived I'm going to use it as an engine engineering workshop, this is now what I am looking at using as a brewery, what do you guys think?
  11. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

Walthers online catalog shows this kit. It does have interior detail in the "vat" room on the right. I scratchbuilt a backdrop model out of card stock that resembles it - only half as deep though

Attached Files:

12. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Much better Mark. :thumb:
  13. sams

sams Member

big mark,
    that looks great!
    who makes that?

also, the metcalf brewery kit...
    anyone have a link to where its sold?
  14. Big Mark

Big Mark Member

15. shortliner

shortliner Member

Metcalfe Models & Toys
    Bell Busk
    North Yorks
    BD23 4DU
    +44 (0)1729 830072
  16. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Sams: do you need a Metcalfe dealer in North America? I know a number in southern Ontario.