N scale brewery

Big Mark

Jan 1, 2006
Lancashire, England
Does anyone know if there is a brewery model on sale or is it just time to kit bash?
Living in England I understand that we use a different scale (we use either 148 or 160 and the rest of the world uses other) would this make mixing building stand out and look duff?
Cheers
Mark

Brian

Dec 19, 2005
New Waverly,TX.
I believe it was "Model Power" that produces an N scale brewery kit. It's pretty easy to come by....you might try searching on Ebay....I spotted one there last night. :thumb:

Big Mark

Jan 1, 2006
Lancashire, England
Brian said:
I believe it was "Model Power" that produces an N scale brewery kit. It's pretty easy to come by....you might try searching on Ebay....I spotted one there last night. :thumb:
That is just what I am after!!
Have sent ebayer an email

gavin manley

Dec 15, 2005
england
sorry coulnt be more help what i've done is bought the tank farm and sales buliding from kibri and used the office with the small barrels provided as a distribution point or large offie.

Big Mark

Jan 1, 2006
Lancashire, England
This is the one I am going to get hold of

mdp1509.jpg

This is the metcalf kit just incase anyone does not know it
pic_mpo229.JPG

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That MP kit has been marketed as several other things besides a "brewery" I've seen it in both HO & N as a "lumber mill", among other things...

IMHO, it would be cool to combine both those kits shown into some type of brewery...:cool:

Also Walthers makes some really nice looking industrial structures that would make convincing breweries...

www.walthers.com

slurp

Feb 26, 2005
www.themodelzone.org
IMO the Metcalfe one looks more true to form of the breweries i've seen, the MP one looks as though it could be used for everything from an engine shed to as someone suggested a saw mill.

Big Mark

Jan 1, 2006
Lancashire, England
I think you guys are spot on, that the metcalf kit does look more like an industrial brewery. the two main issues for me were size and the fact it is made from card.
I am doing a very rural layout based on the southern area of England and to go with that the Brewery is to be a small cottage industry type, which is why I like the MP one

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
I'd look around and see if there are a couple of other kits that will fit in with it as additional buildings, and possibly add a Rix/Pikestuff "Blue-shed" extension. Put a chainlink fence around the whole thing to tie-it together
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

coaster

Jan 13, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Big Mark said:
I think you guys are spot on, that the metcalf kit does look more like an industrial brewery. the two main issues for me were size and the fact it is made from card.
I am doing a very rural layout based on the southern area of England and to go with that the Brewery is to be a small cottage industry type, which is why I like the MP one
Mark --
Bearing in mind that our ideas of what constitutes "rural" may be at more than a slight divergence, I still have to say that the brewery in this link strikes me as far more 'cottage industry' than the MP version.

http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/555-203

-- Paul

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
That was what I meant by "additions" in my post above - very nice!
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

Big Mark

Jan 1, 2006
Lancashire, England
really nice brewery coaster..
Just to clarify what I am going for when I say Rural....
And yeah cottage industry (artisan) brewery is what I am going for, keep the comments coming guys this is great stuff
beddington_village_church_450x338.jpg