N Gauge Goose

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Spent my Thanksgiving huntched over my workbench puting the finishing touches on my little Goose. Rushed it it places when I shouldn't have but I'm pleased with the results. The little thing runs like a dream!

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 275

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
The front truck was a nightmare, I could not get it to stay on the track when it went into a curve. Solved the problem with a floating weighted type arrangement. Drilling the thru holes in the metal wheels was very time consuming. Think I went through a half dozen before I got the results I was looking for.

Attachments

• MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 268

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Thank you for all the kind words, it was a fun project. I can't wait to run it at our next show, just to hear the questions from those that want to learn and then those I'll have to "beg-to-differ" when they scoff and say there was never anything like that in railroading. ;)

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Steve my modules are in a storage facility and I only take them out for shows. The next show is not until the end of January, it's the "bigun" in Springfield, MA, "Winterfest '05". We have another show this coming weekend, a kiddie Christmas party event, but I will not be setting up the bridge module. I assume that is the one you are refering to, my arch bridge module.

Charlie, yup it is standard "N" gauge. Would like to have gone narrow with Nn3, but fiddling and modifying the Kato power unit to convert scales is beyond me right now. :)

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Now that's NEAT. I have eventual plans to "goose-ify" an N scale diesel and an HOn3 boxcar into a HOn30 beast of that ilk and was wondering how it could be done--thanks for the inspiration!