N Gauge Goose

fp9er

Nov 21, 2004
Bill, we'd like to know one thing: where did you get that little KATO drive unit? We took the part number from your package and ran it through the KATO Japan Web site ...Turns out it's sold as "Small Type Motor Unit for Bandai B-Train Shorty" at a MSRP of 2,100 yen -- which converts (at the present time) to about $20-25.00 CDN. We can't find anything like that around our hobby shops here....So where did you get yours and what did it cost? ...Iff'n ya don't us askin', that is!

And by the way, you did a really fine job on that model! The loggers on my line all thank and applaud you!

Paul McD.

fp9er said:
Bill, we'd like to know one thing: where did you get that little KATO drive unit? We took the part number from your package and ran it through the KATO Japan Web site ...Turns out it's sold as "Small Type Motor Unit for Bandai B-Train Shorty" at a MSRP of 2,100 yen -- which converts (at the present time) to about $20-25.00 CDN. We can't find anything like that around our hobby shops here....So where did you get yours and what did it cost? ...Iff'n ya don't us askin', that is!

And by the way, you did a really fine job on that model! The loggers on my line all thank and applaud you!

Paul McD.
I had the same question and found it on the Walthers site. Search for Kato (manufacturer) and 11105 (part number.) I've also found them on some of the other online train shops.

I'm going to be ordering one and if it runs slow enough, build another Class A Climax with it.

Wayne

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Paul as Wayne posted they can be found on several of the on-line train supply houses. I used Wig-Wag and bought a few of them, price is about what you figured. Kato makes three types of units, same power unit, but different trucks. To get the unit running smoothly you have to add a fair amount of weight. Your track must be clean or they stall easily. Good Luck!