My curent project.

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Marcin, Nov 20, 2004.

1. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Marcin, congratulations to your talent in scratchbuilding, and welcome to the Gauge!

This looks great all around. It shows what can be done with patience, fantasy and dedication - and all that with simple tools and materials.

Hehe, makes me proud that our Swiss Army knife is capable to do such fine model work! Marcin, I never thought of using my knife for such model work - but surely I'll give it a try in the near future. So you found one more use of that universal tool - great!

DanPick, don't underestimate the sharpness of a properly honed Swiss Army knife! In the hands of a talented modeller it works wonders, as we can see here.

2. belg

belg Member

Marcin as long as the knife works for you and from looking at the pics it does.

Ron are you trying to make sales of home land products???? :)
  3. engineshop

engineshop Member

I just checked out your pictures and I cannot imagin how much time it takes to cut all the little corners. How did you color the paper?
  4. Marcin

Marcin New Member

To color the paper I'm using paints made by testors and Model Master. Because I do not own an airbrush I'm painting it by hand.
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Wow!!! :thumb: :thumb:
  6. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Marcin, I can't beleive you carved all that brick! It looks awesome. With a pocket knife! Nice work.
  7. Marcin

Marcin New Member

I have made some progress.

8. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Wow! Great detailing!
    The furniture looks great. This is very fine modelling, Marcin.

Is this a wood fired cooking oven in the kitchen? I also noted that you have a stove in every room. Is this still common in Poland?

Now I am curious how the rest of the furniture and the rooms in the upper story will turn out... :thumb:

9. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Fantastic scratchbuilding Marcin
  10. engineshop

engineshop Member

Great interior although there is something missing. How about posters on the wall and junk on the floor in the kids room.
  11. Marcin

Marcin New Member

Hello. Yes RailRon this is a wood and coal fired cooking oven in the kitchen. I have made heat furnaces i two rooms. One of them is much bigger beacause it has to heat up two rooms. This way of heating houses is not common anymore in Poland but I know that some people still use it. In this builging it still exists.
  12. m_reusser

m_reusser Member

13. Marcin

Marcin New Member

[​IMG] I'm just using a Swiss knife just to help me out with the bricks. For all the cuts I'm using exacto and carpenter knifes.

Engineshop: For now on I'm goining to leave the interior as it is. I just spend way too much time on it [​IMG] . The good news is that I will have removable floors and roof so I can always come back to it later on.
  14. interurban

interurban Active Member

Very good work Marcin.
    In fact the best I have seen in bristle, You must be very patient :thumb:
  15. Marcin

Marcin New Member

16. ausien

ausien Active Member

Marcin, forgive me for being so slow to check out this thread, but some how I missed it, that sure is remarkable work your doing. and no, I am not going to remark on your choice of tools, I never comment on a person with bigger tools than mine, and as you get the results you do, why would I?.

hope to see more of your work in the future...great job... have a good one..steve
  17. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

I somehow missed this thread too. That's an amazing model. Thank you for sharing it!
  18. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Awesome!!! Beautiful work and an amazing amount of patience. You should be very proud of that building Marcin!!! :thumb: :thumb:

19. Marcin

Marcin New Member

Thanks All ! Here is a little update and my new toys :)