My curent project.

Marcin

Oct 17, 2004
New York
www.freewebs.com
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and I would like to present my current project. This building is in a H0 gauge. The real scale structure is located in my home village in Poland. This building have been used a long time ago as a train station crew living quarters. It's located right by the Worowo train station. All comments are welcome.

Attachments

• Mazur 009.JPG
    Mazur 009.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 718
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 724

Marcin

Oct 17, 2004
New York
www.freewebs.com
Yes I am scratchbuilding it. It is my first one :) Materials that I am using are chipboard, bristol and some bass wood. Since this is the first one Im still experimenting a lot. If any one is interested in blueprints of it please visit my site. In download section there is a zip file which contains a pdf with four elevations in H0. I have to admit that there is a small mistake on the drawing but that should not be a problem for scratchbuilders. I have changed the angle of the small roof in the eastern elevation but I didnt change this in northern and southern elevations. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

P

philip

Marcin,

How are you doing the brick work? All the fancy layering of the brick. It looks wonderful! :thumb:

Philip

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Marcin, Welcome to the Gauge. That's a great model of a great building, as a builder(of 1:1 buildings) I'm interested in the roof. The darker tiles look older than the red tiles around the edge, are the red tiles a repair? Any idea of the age of the building? Post more pictures of your progress!

Marcin

Oct 17, 2004
New York
www.freewebs.com
The red roof tiles are the repair. I am not sure of the age of this building but I think that it was build in early nineteen hundreds. I fogot to add that this area of Poland use to belong to Germany before WWll so this building was builded by Germans. The station was called then Wurow. As for my brick work fotos below should explain the whole proces nicely (its a painuf but its worth it). As a help I also used a tiny screw driver.

Attachments

• swiss.JPG
    swiss.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 680
  • swiss2.JPG
    swiss2.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 663
P

philip

Marcin ,
What exactly is Bristol board? Dick Blick art supply sells it but has no description of what it is. I'm planning a brick church. I am assuming you carved all the detail into the board? The arches over the windows and the rowlocks under the windows seem to be layered out. I would be greatful for some techniques of how your doing these intricate patterns.
thanks,

philip

DanPick

Mar 23, 2004
Australia
Visit site
Dude, is that a pocket knife you are using for cutting????
Do yourself a favour and invest in a proper scalpel/hobby knife first thing tomorrow...please. Them type of pictures are scary. Despite the knife, your structure looks pretty good.

Dan Pickard

Marcin

Oct 17, 2004
New York
www.freewebs.com
Thanks All. This is the bristol that I use bristol
I am using it because I like the thicknes of it and the fact that I can print on it.
DanPick like Muddy said the Swiss Army knife is the perfect tool for scribing the mortar joints. :) Notice that I am holding the knife up side down.

Marcin

Oct 17, 2004
New York
www.freewebs.com
I made some progres. I decided to make the interior and it got me stuck for a while.

Attachments

• Interior03.JPG
    Interior03.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Interior02.JPG
    Interior02.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Interior01.JPG
    Interior01.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 495

George D

Aug 28, 2003
Yorktown, VA
Visit site
Marcin,
I just picked up on this thread and I'm sure glad I did. Your work is beautiful. :thumb: I've done a little work with Bristol board, but I never thought of doing the brickwork like you did. I'll have to try that on a small project - I'm not sure I have the patience to do that kind of detail work on a large building.
George