Model Of The Month: USS Kelvin

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Foxbat, Jun 15, 2011.

1. jimboh1

jimboh1 New Member

Very nicely done; that'll be an impressive size!
  2. johnmiic

johnmiic New Member

Havet'a say Foxbat that is pretty impressive. I like the size of your model and the contours really match the CGI model onscreen. I've only seen tiny resin knock-offs of the ship online and the real model kit company cancelled their Enterprise so there will be no JJ Abrams ships in the forseeable future. Looks like you have the inside track.
  3. blueyeppoon

blueyeppoon Member

Wow! looks like it was pressed out of a mould.
    Fantastic build.
  4. rbeach84

rbeach84 New to Paper

A4 paper replacement

Legal size will usually do the trick... Look forward to seeing the final result!:thumb:
  5. Rapidtox

Rapidtox Member

Hi Foxbat, which passed with this impressive model, has to go into space and not fall into the spaceport :(
  6. madmax355

madmax355 New Member

very cool looking forward to seeing more
  7. vbsargent

vbsargent Member

This is the first that I have seen of this model, I hope he doesn't abandon it. It has very VERY graceful lines. As was noticed earlier the engine and lower hull are gorgeous!Would love to see this textured.
  8. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

In 80g paper ???
    Very clean and sharp build. I am looking forward to seeing it textured.......

Respect, Sir!!!!

P.S. Your comments and observations over wedges and rings, echo my thoughts and observations, over which would of been better to use for the command sphere, in my current model of the Discovery from 2001 ASO,
    But that is another subject ....:)
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

This model seems to have died, unfortunately, he has not posted since. I wish he would. :)
  10. vbsargent

vbsargent Member

Ditto. Can't we just . . . y'know . . . go knock on his door or something? sign1
  11. THE DC

THE DC Member

Knock, knock, but nobody home????
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Unless he changed his email, or elected not to receive notifications, he would get a notice every time someone posted in this thread. It is a magnificent start. I actually found his name on another forum, but don't know if that was him, it was an R/C forum. :confused:
  13. ppp333

ppp333 New Member

good work
  14. DanielSheen

DanielSheen New Member

This is the first time I've seen radial sections used to build a saucer section. From this model, it appears to be a superior technique; I'm impressed.