Mikey's Speakeasy... Where nobody knows your name...

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Fred_M, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Working again on Mikey's. I have had the flu and haven't done much modeling, just been laying around watching the tube. I really liked the Farscape mini series. Anyway, here's a pix of what I have done.

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Glad to see you're feeling better! :D :D :D

Dat looks Great!!!!!!!!!
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Ahhhh...the only TV that I can't watch and do modelwork at the same time.
  4. AppyNarrowGager

AppyNarrowGager New Member

Don't ask, don't tell. :D Been to the ol' BC myself many moons ago, but I showered.

5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looking Great :thumb: :thumb: Glad to know you are better
  6. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Thanks guys and gals. I need to get back on this, so today I brought it to the store and will solder in the white Led lights so I can then put on the roof. Fred
  7. N Gauger

That's all one can ask for... A meal & a roof over your head. :D :D :D
  8. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

:) I put in the white LEDs and picture them below. In the back, where the real door will be open, I put in blue and red leds which flash in alternate about once per second. Can't get a picture of it, but it's a cool effect, looks like a real swinging party a goin' on. Fred

Attached Files:

9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Awesome Fred!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

10. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Now that should be fun. To bad we can't upload avi's to this site.
    Very nice work Fred. Great lighting.
  11. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Great job there Fred'
    looks just like some of the old buidings in old Deadwood South Dakota which had the same doings down stairs and upstairs only twenty years ago.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  12. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Neat! you can almost hear a jazz band playing and some gunshots erupting.
  13. N Gauger

Gunshots!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

LisTin!! Dis here..... is a reSpectable joint!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

..and there's nothin dirty going on!!! -- Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982)
    Geeze - I saw that 22 years ago & I still remember that quote?!?!?!? :eek: :eek:
  14. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout Member

So when's he open for business? I'll be right over.

Looks great. :thumb: :thumb:

15. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

This project is now complete and this is my last HO structure for a while. I've been bitten by the logging bug and it's time for me to do some On30 scratching. I'll still keep my HO layout, will just downsize my fleet a bit. Here's the finished shot. Fred

16. N Gauger

That's Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL You can get off the train & get your whistle cleaned! :eek: :oops: :eek:
  17. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Ha Fred, Nice work as usual. That thingy on top would be a pediment only if it is on the actual roof lines, if it is meant to hide a flat roof or a different roof line, it is called a parapet or parapet wall. I know, spliting hairs, it's the builder in me.
  18. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Nice one Fred. But now all your buildings and stuff will be O gauge size EH! to go with the On30 stuff
  19. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I've already built some O structures for Shamus and myself Robin. The treehouse here on The Gauge is O. I am also working on what will be Robin's Outfitters over on AMR, named for you Robin. :) It wil be a 1930's backwood hunting, fishing, and trapping store made from rock and wood. I also have built a coaling tower and outhouse for Shamus. The coaling tower I understand will be included in an article written by Shamus in Model Railroading early next year as will an On30 combine built by our friend Phillip. I have lots of fun building the larger structures. And that's what its all about, FUN. Fred
  20. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi all, long time since I posted, yes that right about the coaling tower made by Fred and the combo by Philip, both excellent models of which I am proud to own.