Mikey's Speakeasy... Where nobody knows your name...

CharlesH.

I say you dress the little guy with the tommy, it can't be that hard to make a pinstriped double-breasted suit and a fedora in HO scale, can it?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's looking really good Fred. Love the ornate roof line and the weathered wood.
Ralph

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Nice work Fred. It is really coming along. Looking forward to seeing the main entrance. Thanks for the how to on the windows. Looks good.

F

Fred_M

Thanks guys. Today it was a nice fall day so I spent most of it outside. I did manage to get basic framework glued on and the signs printed for the front windows.

Attachments

• m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 153
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 150
F

Fred_M

Here's a close-up of the sign in the left window.

Attachments

• pizsm.jpg
    pizsm.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 151
P

philip

thingy

Great looking project.
That thingy is a broken pediment. Its missing the urn (beer bottle) :thumb:

The other type of pediment is a full gable that resembles a triangle.

philip

Attachments

• broken pediment.jpg
    broken pediment.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 139

spitfire

Pediment!!! That's it!!!! I kept thinking Piedmont and I knew that wasn't it LOL.

Really nice work there Fred. :thumb: :thumb: Are you going to model that little sliding window in the door? You know, where you look in at the tough guy checking you out and say "Mikey sent me".

Val

F

Fred_M

Yeah. It will be on the side, and behind a fence, with lots of privacy and security. (that's what the tommy guns (choppers) are for). Notice the upstairs. Drinking wasn't the only vice taking place in this den of sin. This was a full service joint, drinking in the basement, gambling on the ground, women on the top, and guns out the back. But mums the word least Bugsy comes see ya, see?

F

Fred_M

Everbody wants to see "the door". So I skipped ahead and made it. It will be displayed open on the building. This is the inside side. It a 6 inch thick oak door 4 foot by 6 foot 8 inches.

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 230

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Cool - You found my 6 ft tall Quarter!!! LOL I wondered what I did with that!!

That door is great!!!!!!

F

Fred_M

Ho Modeler said:
Wow now how are you gonna find hinges that small?

lol
Eric
Like everything else, you make them. :D Thx guys. :eek:ops: Now, back to the structure. Added the Mikey's sign and started on a side wall.

Attachments

• m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 218