JSC 1:400 North Carolina Build

Teamski

Mar 29, 2007
Delaware
Yes I am. I use watered down glue on tissue. I did this on the Roberts and Hood with decent results. We'll see how it goes on these. And thanks!

-Ski

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Good job on the big guns Ski. Especially the barrels. Good, clean look. I eagerly await your blast bags. I've yet to find a real satisfactory solution to those yet.

Yep, styrene works great for those smaller barrels like the 40 and 20's.

Keep up the great work!

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Good job on the big guns Ski. Especially the barrels. Good, clean look. I eagerly await your blast bags. I've yet to find a real satisfactory solution to those yet.

Yep, styrene works great for those smaller barrels like the 40 and 20's.

Keep up the great work!

Teamski

Mar 29, 2007
Delaware
I completed the bagging tonight. The paint is still wet on the photo. I'm happy with it over-all. At this scale, it looks good.

-Ski

Teamski

Mar 29, 2007
Delaware
I completed the bagging tonight. The paint is still wet on the photo. I'm happy with it over-all. At this scale, it looks good.

-Ski

Teamski

Mar 29, 2007
Delaware
Amazyah said:
Great job on those bags!
I've been gone a couple days and I can't believe how much you have accomplished already!
You are moving right along on this baby!
Kudos to you! Looks great!

Russell

Thanks!

Yeah, I've definately poured a lot of time in a short space on this one. My wife joked that I should go back to computer gaming, hehehehe.... Anyways, I'm on leave this week, thus the massive amount of progress. I think I'll take a short break after this one though. There is always too much of a good thing, you know.

-Ski

Teamski

Mar 29, 2007
Delaware
Amazyah said:
Great job on those bags!
I've been gone a couple days and I can't believe how much you have accomplished already!
You are moving right along on this baby!
Kudos to you! Looks great!

Russell

Thanks!

Yeah, I've definately poured a lot of time in a short space on this one. My wife joked that I should go back to computer gaming, hehehehe.... Anyways, I'm on leave this week, thus the massive amount of progress. I think I'll take a short break after this one though. There is always too much of a good thing, you know.

-Ski

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
Very nice Ski! The 20s from JSC are actually not bad, but there are ALOT of them. I used to build them in batches of 10, take a break from the mind numbing tedium by building up some ship's boats or something, then hit it again. But all at once is still an option. Great job on the blast bags.

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
Very nice Ski! The 20s from JSC are actually not bad, but there are ALOT of them. I used to build them in batches of 10, take a break from the mind numbing tedium by building up some ship's boats or something, then hit it again. But all at once is still an option. Great job on the blast bags.