I am sad, but I am back again

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I'm deeply sorry to hear of your loss, Ron.
My condolences to you & your family.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
my condolences Ron .
death is always hard to face and harder when it is some one close
but what i can tell from your postings she left a good legacy in you.

grlakeslogger

Sep 2, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
My deepest condolences, Ron. I've been in the same situation--my dad passed away nine years ago. My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year. Her surgery date was very near to the anniversary of my dad's passing. Throuh God's grace, Mom's surgery was successful. The best comfort I could find in either of the above cases was that God's wisdom is better than mine.

I hope you contine to check in with The Gauge regularly. Our hobbies and the friends we make through them become important when upheaval occurs in life. Take care. --Stu--

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
My dear friends,

I am deeply moved by your kind answers to my post. The expression of your sympathies is helping Marianne and me so much in these days. It is like sitting in a circle of good friends and feeling their consolation. And this is exactly what makes the Gauge so unique in this sometimes so cold and clinical world.

Thank you so much, my friends.

Ron

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Our throughts and condolences are with you and your family, I went through the same thing with the death of my father, try remember the good times you had with them, as I know they will always be in your heart. Ron and family..

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Ron and family,there is so much talk of loss here ,yet your mother is not lost.This was written by my mother shortly before she passed .
As the caterpillar becomes the butterfly in all its splendor,so too does the human spirit transend.If god would do so much for the lowely caterpillar,think what he has in mind for me and all of us.Be joyful for my spirit is now forever young.Let go your sorrow for I am where god has intended all along.
I hope it brings you comfort as it did me.
Todd

Jim Cullen

May 24, 2003
Martinsburg, West Virginia, USA
Ron,

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. It is indeed very hard to lose a parent or family member - it really hurts deep down inside. I lost my mother and my dad is not in the greatest of health. I know the day will come in the not too distant future when we will lose him also. Everyone passes when their time comes, but it does not make it any easier.

I dread listening to the news or a knock on the door. My daughter is an MP in Baghdad and is under fire just about every day. Her Humvee has already been hit twice with a explosive device. I do not want to think about what it would be like to loose a child.

Best wishes to you and your family. Jim

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. Both of my parents have been gone for a very long time. They suffered from terminal illnesses at different times. I was able to make it home to be with my Dad when he passed, but could not make it in time for my Mom. In my heart, I know that their suffering is over and are in a much better place.

Although your Mom has left this life, you will always carry the memories of her in your heart and she will never really be gone.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Again we thank you sincerely for your consolation. Also my wife Marianne is thanking you all for your thoughts and prayers. We saw that we are not alone with our grief.

Your postings have done a lot to restore our equilibrium. I consider myself a lucky guy, to have such a circle of friends who were at our side when we needed it.

Thanks again, friends!

Ron

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Ron I'm very sorry for your loss and regret not replying sooner but unfortunately my mom is battling her own cancer and it makes this even harder for me. I wish I had more time to spend with her but with my other obligations and my family it seems like I talk to her just to hear her voice although she is rarely happy these days (understandibly). I hope when it's her time I can be there for her like you were for your mom. God bless one and all.

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Ron. Sorry I didn't respond sooner but thought I had until I just re-read you post. I know how you feel as my wife lost her mother 8 years ago, her Sister 4 years ago and her brother 3 years ago. Her father passed on about 9 years ago. She is the only one left in her immediate family.

I am glad that you have the right attitude over this crises and it will be much easier for you.

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Ron...my condolences on your loss.

I was touched and impressed by the eloquence with which you expressed your feelings and by everyones heartfelt responses.

The catharsisis of communication is a powerful thing.

This forum always restores my faith in human kindness.