I am sad, but I am back again

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Dear friends,

last Wednesday (Oct 1st) in the middle of a chat I got a phone call from the senior's home where my mother lived. They said that the strength of my mother was quickly dwindling away and that she probably wouldn't survive. My wife Marianne and me drove to the home and found her still alive.

She was very weak. Exactly one week ago, Thursday morning Oct 2nd, she passed away peacefully, holding our hands. Death was something we never faced before in such a direct way. But strange, seeing her face we both felt intensely, that she went away into another, better dimension.

Yesterday we gave her ashes back to Earth - and somehow we feel comforted and stronger now. We are still very sad, but life goes on. Mum wouldn't have thought otherwise, we think.

Please forgive me when I tell you all this, but I just had to share my feelings with friends. This past week, now and then I threw a look into the Gauge postings. But I just hadn't the power to join the discussions. Now I hope to be back to normal...

Thank you all for listening

Ron

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
power of prayer...

I don't have anything to say that takes away the hurt 100%, but I hope this helps:

I lost many family and friends over the years. My job with the railroad is a dangerous one, and as many close calls we've encountered, suprisingly, there hasn't been any serious injuries. Before each trip, I pick my guardian angel. (I rotate them alphabetically, today it was my grandfather). I talk to them (in the car), and let them know their still in my thoughts. I can almost hear them reply. I ask for them to keep me safe and out of trouble. I have been doing this for a few years and have been accident free. I don't beleive in coincidence, and I truly feel that they are watching over me when I need them. I miss them, but I know it's going to be fun when my time comes and we can catch up on where we left off before they passed. I can visualize my grandma when she was younger and in good health and that is how I picture her when I pray.

In heaven there is no more suffering, pretty cool place, huh.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Sorry to hear of your loss. We know you have turned to The Gauge to get the strength and support you need at this time. You have our understanding and prayers.

Don

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Terribly sorry to hear of your loss, Ron. I'm glad you were able to spend her last hours with her. When my Mom died last year I was able to be with her and it was, in retrospect, a wonderful experience, she went peacefully with family about her, I was taken with the dignity which she displayed.

Be well, Gary

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Dear Ron and Family,

Please accept my sincere condolences. I am personally glad your shared your sorrow with us, because it shows what true friendship we have. I am saddened by the news, but I am honored to share your burden. I know she was dear to you, but I agree that she is surely in a better place now. I will pray for the mending of your hearts.

This part of our lives is truely difficult to understand.

jon and family

Ron, you have my deepest sympathy over your loss.

I was not able to be with either of my parents when they passed away. I held my sister for the last hours of her life, however, and so I know the pain you experienced with watching your mother pass. It's never an easy thing to go through, yet as you said, life always goes on. And as it does, time will heal your pain.

Again, you have my sincere condolences.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Ron, Having been through the same thing about six months ago I know your feelings. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and that peace will soon come to your hearts.

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Went through a similar thing with my Dad several years ago, Ron, and just knowing that there were people out there thinking of me made a lot of difference. We're here for you, my friend.

Bill K.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
I will add my Condolences at this time too. And offer that you will have picked up another guardian angel of your own, now.

It is truly surreal how these things happen, but at least let me say - that the first time is always the worst, only because you really don't know what to expect. I have had 6 close relatives pass in the last 10 years (one of them my Father) I still pray to them & "talk" to them all - like csx - I like to think that they are watching over me. You are in our prayers - May the Lord watch over you & help you through this.

~~ Mikey

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Please accept my Condolences Ron, it is sad. I know how you feel, as I lost my Father on my 16 birthday, and my Mother died holding my hands. Life does go on my friend.
God Bless
Paul (Shamus)

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Ron, please accept my sincere condolences on your mother's passing. If there is any good to be derived from such a sad event it is the knowlege that your mother passed away peacefully and that you able to be right there for her. That means so much.

Val

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Ron,,,, They know when its time to leave better than we do,
Our Dear love ones on reaching "old age" do a lot of looking back at life, and I am sure your Mum was content with and glad For Her Family, Be thankful friend that "Mum" was there all that time for you.
My Father-in-law use to say " I am tired of trying to get up in the morning" he lasted till he turned 90.
And in a way all though I miss the old boy very much ,, I know he was glad to give up this mortle coil.
He left each of us a letter , to open after he was gone.
That was a blessing.

Yes life goes on, and they live on in our hearts.
PEACE ,,,,, is wonderful.

csxnscale

May 9, 2002
Belgium
Visit site
Ron,
I know what you feel.
My father died in my arms, loosing his fight against cancer a few months ago.
I am still not over it yet complete, but I am glad he was not alone when he took off for his last trip to a better world.

Paul

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Ron,
In the last two years, I lost both my parents. It feels just a bit lonely, until I remember how many people are connected to my life, then I'm able to go on. May your memories brighten your days.
Pete

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Both my wife and I feel for you Ron. A difficult time for you to experience. My wife and I have lost our parents and we still miss them. Our lives have changed because we are now the older generation.