Hope you get a "lift" out of this...

Art67

Apr 18, 2005
Baltimore
Great job, and fantastic modeling. I really appreciate how it seems to be an overcast day as it really makes the trains and structures "pop" out of the picture. A first rate job indeed.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Once again, thanks to everyone for the favourable comments. I thought that this thread had pretty well been seen by anyone who was interested.
Les, the reference to the picture size was because these photos were originally much LARGER. I finally learned how to resize them, so I went back to all the threads that I'd posted the BIG pictures in and reposted them. And don't quit! I, and I'm sure many others, enjoy your posts and pictures. And as far as it goes about being an amateur, I've probably been one 'way longer than you, so you could say that I'm a slow learner, but I am always learning something.

Wayne

L

lester perry

Only joking about quiting Wayne. I enjoy taking the pics as much as railroading. I also like to show off a little. I feel my layout & photography are about the middle of the spectrum. A 5 out of 1-10. And that is OK leaves rome for improvment. Now how about another pic look for "Get off the track!!!"
Les

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hi Wayne

This is the first time I've seen your work and I must agree with everyone else - it's outstanding!!! I really love urban railroad scenes and what you have here is right "up my alley" so to speak. ;)

Do you by any chance have a trackplan that we could see?

cheers
Val

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Thanks, Val. There's not really much of a track plan: the layout is point-to-two-other-points, around the walls of an odd shaped room, with one peninsula added to gain altitude. The line runs from staging, through the town shown, and on to the next town, where the line splits. One track heads uphill, to a second level not yet built. It will end in another staging yard and a large town with a CNR interchange. The other line heads downhill, through the towns of Elfrida and Lowbanks, and on to Port Maitland, where there is an interchange with the TH&B. These three towns have been featured in numerous photo threads here on the Gauge: Probably the most comprehensive one is entitled
"A mysterious movement of...", which shows at least glimpses of all the towns modelled so far. There is a provision for continuous running via a lift-out at the doorway into the room, although the continuous running is only for loco testing and break-in, or when my grandson is here to run trains. I do use the lift-out for access to the TH&B interchange. If I can find a way to post a legible trackplan, I'll most likely have to enlist the help of my younger daughter, so it may take some time.

Wayne