HMS "Prince of Wales"/GPM Nr 198

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Christoph,

Wonderful work, I hope to employ some of your techniques on my next project. Thank you for all of your efforts in this thread!

Glen

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi Scorpio,

Thanks for sharing this information with us. Your explanations remind me of those from the person who introduced me to paper models when I was like 10 years old. Shame I could not learn more from him, but this will make up for it.

Thanks again,

Erick

bholderman

Jul 21, 2004
Christoph,

You're taking paper shipbuilding to a new level for me. I appreciate the lesson.

Cheers,
Brad

andrewthewise

Feb 6, 2004
New Zealand
Christoph,

I greatly appreciate your lesson's. I also have this model and i will employ some of your techniques when i get around to building it.

Thanks,

Andrew

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi, Christoph! :D

I have to join in the choir of thanks for giving us a superb "how to do it" photo essay on building this kit...one of the many areas I have little experience in building with card is the full hull, particularly the formers. After seeing your excellent write up and superb illustrative photos I feel more confident to tackle a kit like this. I don't know many forums where folk are so generous and willing to share their experience like this one, and your posts are a prime example of what makes this forum great.
Thanks!! :D

Cheers!

Jim

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello friends,

Now I have stuck on all ribs 6mm breadths paper-strips and have painted with red watercolour.
Why do I do something similar?
I would like to explain something into this position.
That torso becomes just like in the instruction stands, without spatulas, without painting of Skin parts.,( for paper-purists),
Then, I show the torso like I further to get planking about possible seamless underwater-crooked processes

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Christoph, you haven't even put the hull plating on yet and my jaw has already dropped to the floor in amazement! :D

Superb posting, great lessons from the write-up, and outstanding work...what more can I say but...WOW!!!

More when you can. :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello friends,

So preparatory Frame scaffolding will now stick I with the Skin part. Now, I would like to clarify another very important matter: That possesses no matter which form torso, first I look for a Skin part the simplest figure has, quadrangle. This part is stuck as last. On reason his/its more simply moulds one can always cut them off if the too wide becomes or produces again if becomes the too narrow. My principle is always underwater-planking of stern to this simplest part and from tip to this part. And at the finishes only the simplest remains to glue on part in the figure.

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Thus sees pasted with this wise underwater ship skin.
Now one can do of course all missing still small parts like oar, screws stick around the work to complete.
I have not stuck them yet because as well as I have already written the skin will farther work on.

Here the rear

andrewthewise

Feb 6, 2004
New Zealand
Fantastic Christoph,

I have always had trouble getting the hull correct. Now I see that my problem has been with correctly shaping the formers. I look forward to your next up-date.

Thanks,

Andrew

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello friends,
As I have already written I, that of everything will process further now to receive around seamless surface

I sharpen the total underwater-planking with „400 “Sandpaper.
One cannot press too strongly not to damage planking about that. Everyone once with hand controls whether the dragged surface is sufficiently smooth.