For Shamus

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Shamus- Since I purchased a structure building book from you, I've been busy building a couple. The first one I built is an odd, triangular shaped warehouse. I thought I'de name it after you! I hope you don't mind!!:rolleyes: :D :D ;)
Sorry if this pic isn't the best quality, but I just figured out that if I put an entire building in my scanner, I can get an image to send!
:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Attachments

• photo (1) copy (2).jpg
    photo (1) copy (2).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 169
Matt,
That building ! I built a model of that, 44 years ago ! It was a construction article by Joe Wilhelm in the January 1958 Model Trains magazine. The neat features are the wedge shape, and the brick second story over a wood sided lower story.
Needless to say, my model doesn't exist any longer, time, moving, and available space all contributed to its demise.
Nice model ! Thanks for the memory.
Pete

You're right Pete! Small world isn't it!! Those were the same plans all right...Joe Wilhelm the author. I decided to make mine all wood ,though, since that was the material I had on hand....
My wife and I really enjoyed seeing your old model!!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Matt,
Thought you might like to see that shot.
Vic,
The crane is one of the early versions of the 70 ton mobile crane, that Walthers recently re-released. The "gizmo" was the power truck from an FM switcher (Hobbytown, or Hobbyline, I can't remember) that quit running. I never did figure out why, and the loco disappeared years ago.
Pete

Steve--Thanks!!
Billk--My family is wondering what is wrong with me since I nearly fell out of my chair laughing!!!:D :p :) :D
I was just going to reply: "a Leviathon" when your post popped up...I never would have thought you could actually scan a 3-d object, until I tried it on the thread "dirty boxcars".
Does anyone know if that is any way hard on a scanner? The lid has to remain propped open allowing outside light in..

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Hi Matt, nice thought using my name for a structure, looks very nice indeed.

Shamus

Scanner

Originally posted by Matt Probst
Steve--Thanks!!
Billk--My family is wondering what is wrong with me since I nearly fell out of my chair laughing!!!:D :p :) :D
I was just going to reply: "a Leviathon" when your post popped up...I never would have thought you could actually scan a 3-d object, until I tried it on the thread "dirty boxcars".
Does anyone know if that is any way hard on a scanner? The lid has to remain propped open allowing outside light in..

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

I don't think that it harms the scanner as long as you don't force the lid.

You may be at risk of scratching the scanner bed. So you might want to put a piece of plexiglass/lexan over the scannerbed to protect it.

Another tip is to put a towel or soft cloth over the model to block out any light .