Dec 4, 2005
hello from cn nutbar

2005044.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
...and a very nice attempt at that! I like those lush forests; a very prototypic look! Now you've done it though...we'll want to see more!
Ralph

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Wow, nice first attempt,but I'd swear that that shot is of drwayne's bridge from another angle.;)

100_5811.jpg

100_5821.jpg

I may be wrong, but that driftwood log on the far bank looks awfully familiar.:D

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello all---let me start by saying that i certainly am not trying to deceive anyone---many of you have correctly identified the connection with dr. wayne.i am priveledged to be a friend of the doc,and through his encouragement and support he has provided me an opportunity to use his layout to take pictures on his layout---what you see are some of my locomotives taken by myself---what an opportunity---hopefully you'll allow me to continue to use this forum,however if you are offended i understand and will let the good doctor take care of buisness---thank you,cn nutbar

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Just to further clarify the circumstances surrounding the picture featured in this thread: the photo was indeed taken on my layout by cn nutbar and was posted by him with my full support and encouragement. We have been friends for over 20 years. I opted to not comment earlier, as we both felt that the photo speaks for itself and I am pleased that I've finally convinced him to share his talent with everyone here on the Gauge. As you can see, he has some beautiful locomotives: we felt that they were better showcased on semi-finished areas of my layout, as opposed to the flat, pink foam expanses of his. In fact, the CNR loco featured in my post "A mysterious move...", also belongs to him, although the photos are mine.
Hopefully, we'll see many more photos with the cn nutbar tagline, both on my layout, and eventually, his own. I actually was joking, while this picture was being shot, about offering my layout as a set for those with no layout to use to showcase their own trains. And don't misconstrue that as "tootin' my own horn", as I'm well aware of the shortcomings of my layout. However, it did help to get cn nutbar to post here.

Wayne

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification Wayne... as you can see you have developed a loyal (and protective ;) ) following here.

CN nutbar - your photo is indeed a great piece of work, as are the detailed steamers. Can't get enough of the CN steam... ;)

Andrew

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Welcome to the gauge cn nutbar :D :D :D :D

My what a stir that great picture caused.

Glad it is sorted.
I often post many pictures of other peoples L/O.

Trick is to give the credit first.

The engine looks beautiful, and it is a very nice shot so lets see some more pictures please.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That's a really great shot of a really great layout. :thumb: :thumb: I envy you to have been able to see it first hand.

As Chris says, it's alway nice to know where a pic came from, be it your own or someone else's layout.

Nice work though, keep them coming..:wave: :wave:

Art67

Apr 18, 2005
Baltimore
cn nutbar, great compositional photography, and beautiful motive power. All on docterwayne's exceptional layout. who could ask for more. Stuart.