first attempt ...

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Ok now that the controversy is resolved....Hey Wayne, can I come over? I've got a trio of Penn Central Geeps that I think would look great crossing that bridge! :) Seriously, your layout is a nice setting. cn nutbar, I'd let you take the shots...they look great.
Ralph

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
I figured it was something like that. Sorry to create ruckus:eek:ops:.

I admire docwayne's layout so much and am guilty of viewing and reviewing his posts that when I saw that shot it hit me as looking awfully familiar. It has to be one of the prettiest layouts that I have ever seen, either in a mag or in real life and is quite the background for anyone wanting to take some shots of their trains.

When it comes to "using" another's layout for pics it's simply the same as a couple taking their wedding pics in a park or in someone else's house, or something to that nature. Like the doctor said, it was better than pink fields of foam (friggin understatement). I wish I had a close friend, close by, whose layout was THAT complete, so I could go and take pics of my meager roster.

cn nutbar and doctorwayne, please accept my appologies. It is a great photo on a great layout.:thumb:

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I think that I can speak for nutbar, as well as myself, when I say that no apologies are needed. And Ralph, or anyone else, while I'm not exactly a drop-by for most of you, I don't see too much difficulty as far as "guest" railfanning goes. My email address is available, get in touch, perhaps something can be arranged. I was a bit surprised when this picture seemed to cause such a flap, but it never occurred to me that someone who is a model railroader would do something to misrepresent themselves. Some may think my viewpoint to be one of someone old and foolish, but in truth, I'm just young and naive. Well, okay then, naive. :D

Wayne

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello all---what a beginning!!!! i've learned a lot ,particularly what a great site the forum is,not only in sharing pictures but also the feedback that follows.i also realised that i am very fortunate to have a friend like the good doctor who has provided a real inspiration to me .believe me,any future threads will acknowledge wayne's contribution.
now if i could just remember how to download these pictures,i'll definetly try again---thanks for your feedback---cn nutbar

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I am glad that you stayed... Looking forward to more pictures of your engines and Wayne's layout. I'd love to be able to pop over to pose my CN 0-6-0 somewhere there. :thumb:

Andrew

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
We're very glad to have you aboard CN Nutbar!! Your lokie looks beautiful, and the good doc's layout really provides a gorgeous backdrop. I'm also glad that our "warm" welcome didn't scare you off, because it's great to have another CN modeller aboard. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more! Thanks for posting.
GO CN!

:wave: Val