Fifer Mills

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Will, I hope you won't be disappointed but the M.A.T is far from being finished. May be in a year or two before it will be. What you can expect to see on the 17th is track work on the upper level of the mushroom.
Now for what I have been doing!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Most of the track and cork roadbed I am using is being recycled from my previous layout. This requires glue and ballast being removed from the cork and track. A good soak in warm water then using a nail brush I get the cork and track ready for re-use:rolleyes:

I'm very impressed.

I just wish I could reach through my computer screen and grab the model!

I see what you man by basing the measurements on other scaled models and working it out that way.

The clothes pegs, yes us Kiwi's call them pegs, maybe its a British thing? Its a greta idea, cheap clamps! BRILLIANT, I shall have to remember that for the future.

How did you create the window frames Robin? They look great.

Also what material did you use for the roof tiles and the siding around the entrance (hope you know the area I mean)

Great work!

Jason

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Thanks again folks for the kind words.
Jason, the window frames start with paper strips glued around the back so 1/32 strip shows. I then glued window screening behind that . The window screen comes in black so dry brushed them with white acrylic crafters paint. I filled in some of the frames with the white paint too. The roof shingles are strips of paper . The siding I think you are reffering to is 1/16th strips of cerealboard.

Amazing!

I thought you may have made the window screens as well!
Now that would have been difficult and time consuming.... and somewhat frastrating!

Its amazing what you can do with cardborad and paper.
as the paper ages will it curl and deteriate?

Yeah the siding bits I meant were around the loading bays and entrance areas.

Sorry about my little knowledge but does 1/32 mean the scale??
And is that in imperiall measurements.

I found one of those carpenter rulers that fold out, it has metric on one side and iches on the other, it means i can easily convert measurements.

Robin keep up with those pics!

Cheers

Jason

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Jason, the 1/32 is 1 32nd of an inch. So far paper has stayed where I put it without curling or deteriorating. No sunlight hits it in my basement so it's protected that way. I also set the humidity at between 30 and 50 percent through the furnace in the winter and the aircondtioner in the summer so that all helps. Now with the cost of electricty skyrocketing here I may not use the airconditioner as much as I used to. We have also been asked to conserve electricity too.

F

Fred_M

Robin, the external vents are so cool. That's another wonderful building for your collection of wonderful buildings. You are the Bob Ross of paper.:D FRED