Fifer Mills

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Matthyro, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Jalcubed

Jalcubed New Member

It just gets better!!
  2. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

At the beginning it's just another industrial building complex (although I admire your patience modeling all these windows!)...

...then you start adding one extraordinary detail after the other - first the very special little bell tower, and now the wealth of vent ducts and window ventilation hoods...

...and again we have another of your awesome structures! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Robin, for me you are and you stay the cardboard wizard of the Gauge community! Great modeling, indeed!
    I only wish I had the opportunity to see those models on site this Summer. (But unfortunately Canada is a little too distant for a short visit for me. :( )

Thanks for sharing and thus giving us new motivations!

3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Thank you very much for what you say about my structures. You are all more than generous with your comments. I am just pleased to be able to make this stuff and if it helps you in any way then that pleases me.
  4. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

Could you give us a closeup of the vents Fred mentioned.
    I am impressed:) :thumb: This is such a neat structure:) :)
  5. Matthyro

A couple of close ups for you David

Attached Files:

• m7.jpg
      File size:
      42.7 KB
  6. Matthyro

The other end.

Attached Files:

• m8.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
  7. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Another Winner!

As usual, I'm held in complete AWE by your skill, having tried to piece together just a simple cardboard structure following your methods, Robin. I couldn't get a straight or clean enough cut, the cardboard warped insanely, and after a short while, I went back to wood.....And I was using O scale measurements!! How on earth you do such amazing work in N SCALE is beyond me! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:Amazing. Simply amazing. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: