F-14 Tomcat

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by peter taft, Apr 27, 2010.

1. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Well guys my first model since the skin problem {all dried now - but not totally cleared} The F-14 Tomcat which is one of my dear wife's favourites - i promised her i would build this for an Easter present {a tad late due to the problem} Well, she likes it, and that makes me happy The model is a free download from here :
    http://www.saturn.dti.ne.jp/~eastern/pcraft/index.html It doesn't come with a undercarriage { i scratch built that } but even without it, she makes a really nice bird to look at. I hope you like her too - Coming soon.... Gary Pilsworth's lovely Mossy :thumb: PS sorry about the LOW quality pictures - but hey.. hard times = NO fix it YET !!! :cry:

Attached Files:

2. ghostflight

ghostflight New Member

Really nice job, I'll have to try give it a try.
  3. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thank you, pleased you like her... means a lot friend :mrgreen: :thumb: You will certainly enjoy building this one, and there are quite a few others at the link that are cool :cool:
  4. Bomarc

Bomarc Member

The 'Cat look splendid Peter! The u-cart is a great addition and she looks ready to be catapulted off the deck. The wheels look a bit "Pilsworth-ish" though....hmmmm ;)

Great job!
  5. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Yo.... Glad you like her, and well spotted.. the wheel hubs are Gary's set on a disc card pile - then sanded to profile :mrgreen:
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

great build! thanks for sharing it with us :)
  7. ennder

ennder Member

That IS a very nice build, and Photo work :) Thanks for sharing with us
  8. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

You are very welcome guys, and pleased you like her - means a lot to me :mrgreen:
  9. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Nice build Peter.

The F-14 is a fav of mine.
  10. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Cheers Paul, glad you like her - she's one of my favs too !
  11. gregh

gregh Member

Great looking model, older grandsons favorite also, now to find time to build....Thanks for sharing
  12. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thank you Gregh - pleased you like the model... and your older Grandson sure has got a good taste for aircraft :thumb:
  13. hvp

hvp New Member

very nice model!!!!!!!
  14. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thank you - much appreciated :mrgreen:
  15. edward smith

edward smith New Member

uhu02 has a wonderful model of Discovery from 2001, a space odyssey. I noted a centrifuge in the crew module during his early production design. Wouldn't it be great to see a modification (like he did with the time machine remake) that would detail the crew compartment ball section!
  16. Groovin_fusion

Groovin_fusion New Member

Sweet build and nice scratch built undercarriage too
  17. Psycholps

Psycholps New Member

incredible i wish i could do that!!! great!!!
  18. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thanks guys.. pleased that you like her, means a lot :mrgreen: :wave:
  19. Aerospace

Aerospace New Member

very good job, peter... :thumb:
  20. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thank you very much - pleased you like her, means a lot :mrgreen: :thumb: