EFSF RX78-2 Mobile Suit Gundam

continued from:
http://www.cardmodels.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=4273&sid=e19bf175beca1d262880420438399139#4273

Thanks.
You could have started a fresh thread here or in "Gallery Announcements" :)
Does it enhance amazement when I indicate the height as 160mm (6 1/4")?
Now I need to finish up, get it sealed and maybe pull out the pastels for some weathering.

http://cardmodels.net/phpbb2/album_page.php?pic_id=531

It's been available for almost a year, but the only proof I have of anyone else building it is a 1:12 enlargement by an ambitious young student. I posted images of the "C.A." version (this pink & maroon one only appeared in a videogame) sometime back to very little comment. All four versions are identical except for color and markings.
SmartGroup's May monthly theme prompted me to build a fresh unit, as well as a need to take notes on redesign issues; it's just too complex -_-.
This tiny 6" size will be simplified for easier build while I roll the complex parts, with other improved parts, to 1:72. Developing it in 3D this time (only 3 parts were 3D, the rest conventional development in 2D CAD) will make for quicker changes and use as a template to develop later Gundam mecha from.

To note AmadaPrinting has a 1:90 (current) and 1:60 (recently discontinued), Chinese bootleggers have a nicely weathered (some say "too much weathering") and detailed InnerBrain 1:30, there is InnerBrain's extinct 1:20, and InnerBrain's pirated 1:30. All but the bootleg have minimal or no panel lines, no decals or details. Those models and a previous coworker who said it was immpossible to design a decent cardmodel Gundam at small size got me to create this.
That's the story.

If you want something amusing download any of the four versions and zoom in on the microtext. I researched, interpreted and improved. The BanDai kits have little placards in the decals, but they consist of a single *enGrish* paragraph that is abbreviated, doubled and truncated to fit various sizes:
----
CAUTION
AVOID EXCESSIV USE OF CON TROLS
ESPECIALLY AILERONS AS MS CONT
ROL IS MARGINAL BECAUSE OF REDU
CED HYDRAUL IC FLOW
----
This bit of text has been a point of contention and humor by Gundam daifans for years :D

Now see what you did, got me rambling. :roll: