Downhill Run

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
A coal train drifts downgrade past a solitary house up on Goad Mtn., in this scene from the 1930's...

Attachments

• mvc-001f.jpg
    mvc-001f.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 170

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Charlie, this is a beautiful shot! It looks like the track is on a high ridge, and deep below in the background you see a sea of fog. :cool:

B/W photos have their own atmosphere!

Ron

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Nicely done Charlie! Those black and white shots set the mood. Do you use the jiggle-the-cotton-on-a wire method for the great looking smoke?
Ralph

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks again, guys!:)
This started out as a color photo that I didn't really like...so I just started playing around with it in Adobe Photoshop...I added some smoke & valve steam with the "airbrush tool", I removed the color, & brightened the photo, to give it sort of a faded look.

My layout has a removable backdrop, & I had removed it to do some work on the other side, & this allowed me to get one of those "spider's-eye-views" of the layout, shooting through the trees above a cut, sort of like what you might do with some 1:1 railfanning.

All of the praise you guys shower me with here at this wonderful forum means the world to me, & I really do appreciate the nice words!:)

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
Very neat scene! :)

Is that the edge of the layout or is that a backdrop? Might be interesting to see a background "editted" in there. ;)