Downhill Run

Drew1125

A coal train drifts downgrade past a solitary house up on Goad Mtn., in this scene from the 1930's...

Attachments

• mvc-001f.jpg
    mvc-001f.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 170

interurban

Nice

Hi Charlie,, That is a nice shot, I`ll have to start trying some B/W shots after seeing your 1930`s pic.
Thanks for posting.
Love the smoke,, Now how can I show sparks flying off the overhead?? hhhhhmmmmmm???;)

RailRon

Charlie, this is a beautiful shot! It looks like the track is on a high ridge, and deep below in the background you see a sea of fog. :cool:

B/W photos have their own atmosphere!

Ron

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Nicely done Charlie! Those black and white shots set the mood. Do you use the jiggle-the-cotton-on-a wire method for the great looking smoke?
Ralph

Drew1125

Thanks again, guys!:)
This started out as a color photo that I didn't really like...so I just started playing around with it in Adobe Photoshop...I added some smoke & valve steam with the "airbrush tool", I removed the color, & brightened the photo, to give it sort of a faded look.

My layout has a removable backdrop, & I had removed it to do some work on the other side, & this allowed me to get one of those "spider's-eye-views" of the layout, shooting through the trees above a cut, sort of like what you might do with some 1:1 railfanning.

All of the praise you guys shower me with here at this wonderful forum means the world to me, & I really do appreciate the nice words!:)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Charlie,

We wouldn't say them if we didn't mean them. You deserve every ounce of praise you get and then some.

Don

Arlaghan

Very neat scene! :)

Is that the edge of the layout or is that a backdrop? Might be interesting to see a background "editted" in there. ;)

aartwmich

I see a sharp drop behind the tracks with a large tree growing on the slope going down to the lake.

Nice pic Charlie :thumb: