Disney Pixar's CARS

P

paulhbell

sorry to ask again, but is there any updates. my 8yr old niece is having a go at building the cars.

P

paulhbell

my niece is really enjoying building the cars, 2 done, wish my camera was working so i could show you guys. maybe 'santa' will bring me a new camera. i also hope 'santa' brings her something good, so i can get on with my own builds.

Mater88

Nov 5, 2006
Hello!

Hello there!

My cars

DSC00862.JPG

About the logo: "Bilar" are the swedish title for "Cars"

bugman72

Mar 31, 2005
Sorry, Stage...that "certain person" hasn't had the opportunity to do that. I think "he's" waiting on the final release of the models before doing so (as well as finding time!) :)

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Hey Cool Webdude! You got a display before completing all the subjects!:grin:

What a way to "show off" the hobby! Great job Dude and Mater!!

john

Mater88

Nov 5, 2006
Merry X-mas

Merry X-mas everyone!

Here in Sweden it's our biggest X-mas day
But what a pity that me got some ache in my front of neck...
Hope I reovers soon.

Looking towards the next model, Webdude!

Mater88

Nov 5, 2006
Merry X-mas

Merry X-mas everyone!

Here in Sweden it's our biggest X-mas day
But what a pity that me got some ache in my front of neck...
Hope I reovers soon.

Looking towards the next model, Webdude!

Swampworks

Oct 5, 2006
Finally jumped in and started trying to construct Mater. I have a question for those of you who have built some cars before, cercerning the wheels. I am trying to figure out the better procedure. Do you glue the "tread" part together first and then press the sides on? Or is there a better way? Regardless, you get to a point with a wheel like the ones on Mater, where you have a "closed" object and you are trying to glue tabs inside. Is there a trick to this?

Thanks!

Swampworks

Oct 5, 2006
Finally jumped in and started trying to construct Mater. I have a question for those of you who have built some cars before, cercerning the wheels. I am trying to figure out the better procedure. Do you glue the "tread" part together first and then press the sides on? Or is there a better way? Regardless, you get to a point with a wheel like the ones on Mater, where you have a "closed" object and you are trying to glue tabs inside. Is there a trick to this?

Thanks!

R

rickstef

SW,

what i do, and mind you, this is only what i do, i roll the tread into a circle, and glue the ends together, and then glue the sides on, of course scoring the tabs on the sides of the tread first.
then i usually attach the outside wheelside on first, and push the tabs from the tread as much as i can to the outside of the wheel disk, this doesn't deform the wheel much, but it works for me.
to finish the wheel, the inside wheel disk goes on, and I will trim the wheel disks to the level of the tread, and use a black sharpie to color the edge.

Rick

R

rickstef

SW,

what i do, and mind you, this is only what i do, i roll the tread into a circle, and glue the ends together, and then glue the sides on, of course scoring the tabs on the sides of the tread first.
then i usually attach the outside wheelside on first, and push the tabs from the tread as much as i can to the outside of the wheel disk, this doesn't deform the wheel much, but it works for me.
to finish the wheel, the inside wheel disk goes on, and I will trim the wheel disks to the level of the tread, and use a black sharpie to color the edge.

Rick

Swampworks

Oct 5, 2006
Thanks! That is the method I have been trying, getting mixed results. I've seen your work, so I know the method works (and well)......I know now it's a matter of practice (and patience).

Swampworks

Oct 5, 2006
Thanks! That is the method I have been trying, getting mixed results. I've seen your work, so I know the method works (and well)......I know now it's a matter of practice (and patience).