Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by N Gauger, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffrey-wimberl

    jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

    If anybody is interested, here's a 5 day forecast on hurricane 'Ike'.

  2. sir james

    sir james Member

    Good Evening all, 70s today but stuffy felt warmer. ran a/c to keep the humidity down. No big breaking news in the train world today so I just goofed off. Enjoy your friday....S.J.
  3. CSXect

    CSXect Member

    :eek::eek::eek: some central Ohio schools let out early due to the heat today:eek::eek::eek: in September:confused: should be snow dayssign1

    Need to take care of some business and will check back in afterwards :wave:
  4. jefelectric

    jefelectric Member

    A little on the hot and sticky side here today, been spoiled lately with the low humidity. Not much happening here, tomorrow is Jean's day off so will probably spend it shopping. Did sign up yesterday for the OGR buss trip to the Weaver Plant on the 15th of October, included is a tour of Bob Weaver's layout. Bob is the former owner of the company.
  5. CSXect

    CSXect Member


    Ran some more trains, after installing a light fixture. will try to finish the remaining 3 tables in the morning. Have the latest MRR, CTT, and OGR magazines to read.:thumb:

    I hope Friday finds everyone in good shape and spirits:mrgreen:

    goodnight :wave:
  6. jeffrey-wimberl

    jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

    Good morning.

    it's 72 and cloudy. The high will be in the upper 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

    Yesterday I had to remove the new turnout from my layout. It was causing problems with some of the larger locomotives that I use. My curves are 18" radius (it's not possible to go larger) but the curved part of the turnout is more like 15" radius and some of the larger power didn't like it, and they're Athearn BB's. Get that! My P2K E's took it just fine but the Athearn P's wouldn't touch it.

    I went in to see the foot doctor yesterday, two days late because of Gustav. He likes the progress I'm making on my healing and is setting things in motion to have a new pair of shoes made. That's a long process that requires precise measurements, castings and fittings. It can sometimes take the better part of a year. It's not like I can just buy my shoes off the rack like everyone else does. I wish I could.

    Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/5/2008

    Heat Index: 77°F
    Humidity: 82%
    Dew Point: 66°F

    So Far Today
    High: 72°F
    Low: 72°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 6mph N

    Today High: 88
    Mostly cloudy early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

    Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Northeast winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming light after midnight.

  7. TomPM

    TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

    Good morning folks

    It was 74 F this morning on the way to the office. The air was downright oppressive. It felt like you were walking into a wet blanket. High today will be 88 F. We are currently under a Flood Watch as we wait for Hanna. We are supposed to get between 3 and 5 inches of rain tomorrow.

    No modeling last night.

    My son is supposed to have a football game at Clifton Heights tomorrow afternoon. I guess it will depend on the weather. His game is at 4 PM which could be when the worst part of the storm passes. If the game is postponed it will be played on Sunday. We also have the dreaded biweekly grocery shopping to do.

    On the modeling front I need to check the basement and make sure nothing is in harm’s way especially if we get 5 inches of rain. There could be some water issues in the basement with that much water. If I can I would like to continue getting used to the EZ-Command System. Additionally I need to go over the kit box pile and pick out a project or two.

    I hope everybody has a good day.
  8. Chief Eagles

    Chief Eagles Active Member

    Morning. Getting ready for Hanna. Probably some gusty winds and rain but it is moving fast. Actually hope it does not slow down when it goes up to Maryland and PA. They have been know to do that and then flood everyone up that way. :cry: Chat later.
  9. hi all, i have not been on here much the last few months , but i thought i would give you an update, THE OZZMAN IS GOING UNDER THE KNIFE! on sept 22ed they are going to completely remove my right lung, chemo stopped working but as far as they can tell my lung is the only place the cancer is left. here is a copy and paste that my old lady has emailed out to people, has more info there..

    Well, sounds as if Ozz will be having his full pneumonectomy here before the end of the month (total right lung removal) the dates they have said are either the 19th or 22nd, they were double checking on scheduling before setting a for sure date.
    We went to Iowa City today, discussed all the options with the doctor. The reason they have been pushing the bone marrow transplant mainly because it would shrink down the cancer that is in there. Unfortunately they can't even guarantee that it would work, it only has a 10% chance of "curing" the cancer and otherwise would just be shrinking it. Plus-they can not even guarantee his body would accept his stem cells and bone marrow after the chemotherapy, which they literally give you FATAL doses of chemotherapy and take you "to death's door" before they give you your stem cells and bone marrow to "bring you back" basically. That would include 2-3 months in the hospital, and like I said before, still at least a 90% chance would STILL have to do some lung surgery to remove the rest of the cancer!~??!!!

    So we have opted for the lung surgery at this time. It will get rid of ALL the cancer that we know of in his body. Chances are the way his cancer has gone, it will probably come back somewhere else in his body. No one knows where, and can't guarantee anything with it. But at this time it would give him about the best chance I think. It will probably slow him down "a little bit", but knowing Ozz---- not a whole lot!!
  10. Brutus

    Brutus Member

    Prayers, Ozzman - hope this works!

    I'm home today with a sick kid. My son woke us up around 3 with a migraine so bad my wife thought it might be a brain hemorrhage or something and wanted to go to the hospital. We gave him some Advil and that helped within about 1/2 hour and now he seems to be fine.

    Good news on your feet, Jeffrey. Hope you can get a wider radius switch for your layout.
  11. jeffrey-wimberl

    jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

    Don't need one. I simply put it in a different location so the through train can go through on the straight track and the diverging track goes to the spur.
  12. Chief Eagles

    Chief Eagles Active Member

    Thar she blows!!! No one can tell where she goes. Raining. Got big emergency conference call at 4:30 to see if I declare a state of emergency. Later
  13. sir james

    sir james Member

    Good evening, had a busy afternoon, did two oil changes while my wife spent the day canning. she was tired tonite and it was a good idea for me to stay out of her way. We had overcast all day and 70s, sunny tomorrow but 70s is it for the next few days at least. take care all.....S.J.
    Oh no trains ran today.
  14. Chief Eagles

    Chief Eagles Active Member

    Off and on rains but nothing really heavy. She is being slow in coming on shore. Suppose to get 4 to 6 inches of rain. ???? Trains time.
  15. Brutus

    Brutus Member

    Hey Jim, can ya change my oil? I'm past due on both vehicles but need to find the time to get it done. I'd do it myself, but have to get them serviced anyway, so it's all part of the deal.
  16. Chief Eagles

    Chief Eagles Active Member

    Bigger bans and rain getting here. Good night all.
  17. Chief Eagles

    Chief Eagles Active Member

    Cooked breakfast. 2.5 inchds of rain so far. Has not been that windy. More rain now. Have a good one.
  18. MadModeler

    MadModeler Member

    Yesterday, we had on and off rain (remnants of Gustav had finally reached us).

    Dog was freaked out all day long yesterday and to make matters worse, she has a cone.:cry: She took an allergic reaction to a bug bite and was itching to the point where she was starting to rip the skin off her hind legs. The cone and benadryll are helping and I'm going to the vet's for some extra meds for her to help with the itching. Here's hoping this heals quickly as the dog is making it very clear in the most annoying way possible that she hates her cone. I love that mutt but there are times I feel like throttling her! :curse: She's much calmer now and is finally sleeping.

    Also, I took some allergy medicine yesterday (ragweed allergy). Bad move on my part. I thought for a while I would be going to the hospital. Laid down for a few hours and I'm feeling better now. Turns out the allergy medicine doesn't agree with my blood pressure medicine.

    Today, cloudy with a bit of rain. Temp is warm (about 24 C) and the humidity is not too bad. Hoping it clears as we're going to our nephew's birthday party (4 yrs old).
  19. jeffrey-wimberl

    jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

    Good morning.

    it's 67 and cloudy. The high today should be around 90 and it will be partly cloudy.

    I've been keeping an eye on hurricane Ike and I must say the data on the 5 day forecast is taking an alarming direction! Unless something happens to keep the storm out in the gulf long enough to send it to Mexico it will make landfall in the vicinity of New Orleans and roll right across the state to my area, as if we haven't had enough already. Here's a map showing the current 5 day forecast.


    Here's hoping a high pressure front will keep Ike away from the US coast and keep it tracking west.

    Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/6/2008

    Wind Chill: 67°F
    Humidity: 83%
    Dew Point: 62°F

    So Far Today
    High: 70°F
    Low: 66°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 3mph NNE

    Today High: 90 Partly cloudy. Highs around 90. Northeast winds around 5 mph.

    Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly clear after midnight then becoming partly cloudy late. Lows in the upper 60s. East winds around 5 mph.

  20. N Gauger

    N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

    Ooo Been there - -Not good on any points,... Dogs listening to satellite radio are no fun at all :) :) :)

    And where was your doctor?? they should have told you that lots of meds "React" to BP meds... :( :( Never a good thing!! :)

    I was Lightheaded for more than a day - I said "Never again": :( :( I check everything mow.. Most over the counter stuff says Don't take if you have hige BP.. So we just have to suffer :(

    Glad you feel better - - The Dog will survive too :D They always have to - they live to torment us .. :D :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page