Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Had a nice rain shower. trying to type this and phone rings about county and town business. wall1 Where is my holiday???? :confused: Good luck Jeffrey. Prayers for you and all those folks.

steamhead

Jeff...Are you all evacuating..?? If not...keep a low profile & good luck...

BTW...Can you post the barometric pressure on Gustav....Just to compare what we had here with Dolly....

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 78, extremely cloudy and getting worse as Gustav approaches. The high will be in the mid to upper 80's with a high possibility of thunderstorms.

As I sit here on my hilltop looking down at the lower properties around me the weather is getting extremely ugly. I'll be out of here within the next two hours.

Click here for satellite map

Click here for radar map

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/1/2008

Heat Index: 82°F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 81°F
Low: 78°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph NNE

Important Message

Tropical storm wind warning in effect until 3 PM cdt Tuesday. Flash flood watch in effect through Tuesday afternoon.

Today High: 82 Tropical storm conditions. Highs in the lower 80s. North winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the morning increasing to 30 to 40 mph with gusts to around 60 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 75 Tropical storm conditions expected. Showers and isolated thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Lows in the mid 70s. North winds 45 to 55 mph with gusts to around 70 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

P1010006-1.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning. Fair and sunny. Going to mow the grass. Godo luck those in LA and watch out Texicans. Have a great holiday.

jeffrey-wimberl

Thanks Brutus and Chief. That storm is right for us here and is gonna smack us right in the teeth. We estimate that the eye will pass over or very close to Leesville.

Gustav

Jeffery, I'm about 150 os so NW of you. When it gets to you, put some brakes on it. It will be slowed and smaller by here, but I'm not exactly fond of any of those big thunder-bumpers that blow hard. Either that or turn it north.

Lynn

sir james

Well I see not much here today, so I guess my train fussin is it. It seems I always have something laying around that needs done and that was today. 86 and 90 tomorrow so probably more "fussin" indoors...S.J.

Chief Eagles

Labor Day was a labor day for me. Worked outside all day. All you LA's and Texicans check in and let us know how you are. Good luck and God bless.

jefelectric

Hope Jeffrey is OK, no post since 2:14 this afternoon. Just got back from cookout at daughters, very nice but group was smaller than expected, one sick and two had to work. :eek:

One of these days I will get some train time in.

Chief Eagles

Morning. No word from Jeffrey. :cry: Hope all is OK. Coffee time and then get ready for meetings this afternoon and night. Have a great week.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was a bright and sunny 67 F this morning on the roads. High today will be 89 F.

We spent most of yesterday recovering from our canoeing trip on Sunday. We did get out and hit one of the local craft stores. My wife picked-up some supplies and created a new Halloween decoration for the house.

My son and I ran some trains. He also tried to clean-up the outdoor G-scale line off. I wasn’t able to help as I had to deal with an exploded glass cooking dish in our outdoor grill. We were able to salvage the food but the dish shattered into a hundred pieces. It was a dish we have used many times before.

We are hoping that all is well with Jeffery.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

We got three inches of rain from Gustav and it's still coming down. I really don't like it. I LOVE IT!

There was no really bad damage here, that was north and south of us. The power here was out for around eight hours and the cable internet signal crapped out about four hours before that. Both came back on about an hour ago.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/2/2008

Heat Index: 82°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 77°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 1.01"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 30mph WSW

Important Message

Flash flood watch in effect until 7 PM cdt this evening.

Rest Of Today High: 82 Showers and isolated thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the lower 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Tonight Low: 75 Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

This is the extent of the damage at my parents place this morning. Told ya it can take a wallop!
IMAG0150.jpg

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Oh There you are, Jeffrey!! :D :D :D

Glad you saw yur way through it... Which was worse, no internet - or no electric????

LOL Glad you got the rain with no real damage!!!!

Take care!!

Status
Not open for further replies.