Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Congratulations, this thread has reached 2000 posts. Not a record yet since "Brain teaser" has over 2400, but this one is catching up quickly.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

balloon6 balloon6 balloon6 balloon6
  2. pennman

pennman Member

Well HAPPY HOLOWEEN everybody.
    Cold and rainy here in TN, hope it stops before the kids come out.
    Ozzy, you can never have enough trains, He with the most wins.
    Gil, nice to see your doing better, nice paint jobs.
    Just an update the train room is just about done, we hung drywall this weekend.
    But the catch now is to keep the wife out, she already said the Xmas tree would look nice in the room and wants to pick the room color now..HMMMM
    Yall have a nice day,
  3. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

West Virginia farmer got in his pickup and drove to a neighboring farm and knocked at the farmhouse door. A young boy, about nine, opened the door.

"Is yer Pa home"? the farmer asked.

No sir, he ain't," the boy replied. "He went into town."

"Well," said the farmer, "Is yer Ma here"?

"No, sir, she ain't here neither. She went into town with Pa."

"How about your brother, Howard? Is he here"?

"He went with Ma and Pa."

The farmer stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the other and mumbling to himself.

"Is there anything I can do fer ya"? the boy asked politely. "I knows where all the tools are if you want to borry one. Or maybe, I could take a message fer Pa."

"Well," said the farmer uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk to yer Pa. It's about your brother Howard getting my daughter, Pearly Mae, pregnant."

The boy considered for a moment. "You would have to talk to Pa about that," he finally conceded. "If it helps you any, I know that Pa charges $50 for the bull and $25 for the hog, but I really don't know how much he gets for Howard."
  4. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Good Morning Everyone. It's going to be another warm day here today, but tomorrow it is supposed to snow. At least we got a couple of nice days so far this fall.

:wave:Happy Railroading & Have A Great Day.:wave:
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Wow you're up before the donuts got here LOL
    Yup - another nice day here....

6. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Yes I was. Had coffee with out the donuts. sign1
  7. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Back home today. Will be packing for afternoon flight to Ft. Myers FL. [Bass Pro Shops Grand Opening]. Got the upgarde to the Big Seats. :thumb: Pretty today and warm but cooling way down tomorrow and for a few days. Glad I will be in FL. See we had a joke or two since I was here. Picked up boxes for ceiling and fixtures [light bar with mini spot lights] for train room. Hope to get them installed today after a Town meeting about a developer. Have a great day.
  8. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its Off To Work I Go!
  9. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I am out early this moring, my better half is taking to an apt.

I can enjoy a Starbucks and donut.

10. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all, Just another wet cold day here in TN, Bot wish it would snow down here kind of miss those days.
    Hopw yall had a great holloween
    Have a good day today,
  11. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Its not cold but gray and rainy this morning.

I just placed an order for trees with Scenic Express against my better judgment.
  12. N Gauger

Rain just ended here - now it's back to chilly.....

13. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Cold here to, May get down to 25* tonight.

I hope it warms up today a bit as I want to paint some engine shells.
  14. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yeah, you're right, chilly... right now I read a bit under 50° and it probably won't get too much over the mid-80's later on...:D :D

Now you know why I have spent all these years in the Phoenix area, we're finally making up for those 115° days we have a couple of months ago..sign1 sign1

Oh, and we now have a steady stream of RV's and trailers clogging up our roads right now with plates from Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, NY, Minnisota, Ontario. We call them "snowbirds", an annual migration from up north usually taking place to destinations like Florida, S. California and Arizona. :eek:
  15. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Yes, turned cooler and cloudy. Got email upgrading me to the big seats on my flight back too. First Class is not bad. :thumb: Off to Ft. Myers FL at noon [flight at 2:15]. Bass Pro Shops Grand Opening. Got one more on the schedule. Nov 16 Omaha NE [cold] Cablea's Grand Opening. Then a break. May not do anything until second week in Feb. [Orlando]. Start the Spring Bass Pro circuit. Maybe I can get my layout done. Have a good one.
  16. N Gauger

Woke up today and it's 34 Brrrrrr :( Only 3 weeks 'till Thanksgiving... Malls are all decorated for X-mas....

I can sum my attitude up in 4 letters and a pcture:
    T. G. I. F.

17. lionelfan

lionelfan Member

Hello from NE Ohio. 27 degrees at 5:30 AM. Westside has light dusting of snow, the eastside had lake effect snow of several inches.. Winter is here for next 6 mos or so... Time now to work indoors on layout and some model cars...
  18. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Cold and clear.

I bothched up a paint job on an engine shell today.
    Ratz!!! wall1

Cheap materials and poor preperation.

Otherwise it is a wonderful world today.
  19. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I went into McDonald's today and ask for a cup of coffee, 2 sugars and with out creme. The girl went to I suppose her boss and several times they looked my way as the spoke.

In a few minutes the manager came out and said "Sir we dont have cream, would it be all right with out Milk?"

What next?
  20. N Gauger

I was waiting to hear: we have no "with out" creme... would you mind regular creme??? :D :D :D :D

TOO FUNNY!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.