Building of huge hull - Yamato 1:200

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Highlander, May 10, 2007.

1. Highlander

Highlander Member

More progress.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

3. lriera

lriera Member

I agree, this hull looks very well done.

Great job.
  4. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I cannot believe how precise that work is...I didnt think that it was possible to get that well done

John John
  5. barry

barry Active Member

can't do better than perfect
  6. Teamski

Teamski Member

Word! Insanely great work!

7. Highlander

Highlander Member

Thanks for kind words :mrgreen:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. afk_matrix

afk_matrix New Member

WOW I am soooo jealous. I have never done a card model before but am building a 1/200 wood model of the Bismarck and wanted to do the 1/200 plastic Yamato but go put off by people saying it is a very old kit and requires a lot of messing around. But I have now seen this card model and have been considering doing it but am very worried as I am a noob. I have a simple by plane I am going to practice on but am wondering if I should eve think about the Yamato after this? What do you think, I will take it slow and read the instructions but do you think I will just not be able to handle it?
  9. Nicolelew

Nicolelew Member

Hi, Highlander san

iS your Film still running ON???

We ARE WAITING to see your next exquisive move,.., We are keeping it up and hopr you will bring it on to us soon..

10. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

Go for it! Have fun building it! And if you totally mess up on a part... all you have to do is reprint the parts and try it again.
  11. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Holy C**P!! that is the best hull I have eve seen. - SWEEET - I gotta try this method, thanks for sharing Highlander. I'll be keeping both eyes on this thread.
  12. Highlander

Highlander Member

I'm sorry to say that, but I have no time to build Yamato till september. For a while I'm working far away from home and there is no conditions :(

afk_matrix wrote :

Halinskis Yamato is one of the most difficults models I tryed to build. It needs much experiance. It's not good idea to build Yamato like a first, second nor third card model. It's my second attempt to build Yamato, after many models I still think it's very difficult.

My best models:

USS Essex, 1:300, Maly Modelarz.

Akitsushima, 1:200, Answer.

Zuikaku, 1:200. GPM.

afk_matrix I'm sorry for late answer, If You decided to build Yamato I wish You luck and satisfaction :)

The thread is going to be continued as soon as possible.

Cheers !

PS: Sorry for my english :oops:

13. Nicolelew

Nicolelew Member

:twisted:Hi Hi, Highlander

pardon me for asking,

How will you intend to make the Yamato main mast.?
    1) Plastic rod
    2) metal rod
    3) others ?

im a Halinski fan too. seeking your High advice.

14. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Highlander - those pictures of your other builds just blew me away. I will patiently await your next build post.

~ Cheers
  15. Highlander

Highlander Member

Nicolelew, I don't know which material I'll use, yet. I think that plastic is easier.
  16. This almost looks like it has been photo shopped to make it perfect. I have never seen such perfect joints. I have been building on and off for 30 some odd years and have never achieved this level of perfection.

I would like to know how you managed it. Please share your techniques on getting such perfectly clean joints.
  17. Highlander

Highlander Member

Something arriving...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] wrote

I try to do it, but allways time shortage and language damm :cry:
    I'll try harder if I've got more time.

18. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

THat cant be well done

John John
  19. tetters

tetters Rail Spiking Fool!

Just popping in from the Gauge forums when this thread caught my eye. Wow! Your skill as a model maker are indeed superb Highlander. Loving the attention to detail. Have to remember to pop in every once in a while to check the status of this build. Just incredible. :thumb:
  20. redhorse

redhorse Member

It's good to see a few more pictures. I'll never be able to do this, but it is good to see it!