Vreden
AND FINISHED! :)

DSCF7143.jpg

DSCF7145.jpg

DSCF7149.jpg

DSCF7148.jpg

DSCF7150.jpg

DSCF7151.jpg

The bottom looks a bit plain and the wheels are a tad too deep inside the body. I have revised this on the final plans. The wheel will have an additional space of about 1 mm around them which looks better.

The original design however is so lowered that it is a miracle that the vehicle moves at all.

The wheelbox has got its former dark grey colour back and looks more like the Landram's (that seemed logical since it is very near to the ground and collects all kind of dirt during the drive). There will be more minor adaptations regarding the track detailing (hard to notice unless you put the Landram side-by-side).

Next: Assembly instructions! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
OUT(FRAKKING)STANDING!!!
It looks FAN(FRAKKING)TASTIC!!!
I am looking forward to doing the BETA build!
I see a TON of detailing and greebling potential!!!
I am looking forward to seeing the how the interior will look and how it will fit inside!

Reactions: Revell-Fan

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Dude you are incredible. I don't know how you can do so much so well. It's a pleasure to follow this thread, and a very cool tank!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I am looking forward to seeing how the other two versions turn out.
I am also looking forward to seeing how the OPEN TROOP TRANSPORT will turn out as well.
(For those who do not know what the OPEN TROOP TRANSPORT, here are a couple of photos below).

OPEN TROOP TRANSPORT FRONT SIDE.png OPEN TROOP TRANSPORT FRONT.png

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I think that they should not be too hard to make. They also look like that they would make for a quick and fun build as well.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Last year I started working on these. I took a side view, traced the lines in SketchUp, pulled them out and in, changed the view - and noticed that everything was drawn on a single 2-D plane! So instead of creating a 3D model I ended up with a flat 2D line drawing..! :hammerhead:

Alright, texture work on the Draconian Rover is done. The turret is the final part to be unfolded.:)

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
I am looking forward to seeing how the other two versions turn out.
I am also looking forward to seeing how the OPEN TROOP TRANSPORT will turn out as well.
(For those who do not know what the OPEN TROOP TRANSPORT, here are a couple of photos below).

View attachment 154908 View attachment 154909

These vehicles remind me of the vehicle in the original BSG series when they are on Peregrine with the androids. Looking forward to seeing the builds.

Sky Seeker

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I may have to make a set of standardized tracks for these models, that will work and make them really pop! :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Actual
These vehicles remind me of the vehicle in the original BSG series when they are on Peregrine with the androids. Looking forward to seeing the builds.

Sky Seeker

Actually, these are the exact same vehicles. All they did was add decals to signify the "Earth Defence Directorate". There are many props that were used in BRTC25 that were originally used in BSG (to save on cost and make the limited budget stretch as far as they can.).

Reactions: Sky Seeker

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
A few props were designed and built for Buck in the first place and then repainted for BSG, too, because BSG got too expensive and Buck had a fresh budget. The EDD rifle and the Pumpkin shuttle (mockup & model) were two of them. The rifle and the matte painting of the space port from "Plot to kill a City" were later re-used in Star Trek: TNG.

Reactions: Sky Seeker