Blame this one on Rory as it was

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Tyson Rayles, Dec 22, 2002.

1. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Thats a classic..recreated right here on the gauge..there is more to this modeling world than I ever imagined!!

Great job Tyson..thanks for the guffaw..cant find the post by rory you mentioned tho
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Ima click on the link in Lighthorseman's second post. Glad everybody got a kick out of it! ;)
  3. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

**MEEP MEEP**

Love that one.:D :D Very good. :cool: :) :D
  4. aartwmich

aartwmich Member it, missed that first time round. You guys are nuts..and a whole lot of fun. ;)

meep meep...ssshhhjjjjoooouuuuuuu.................screeech!! twang!!! meep meep
  5. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

My son really loves this! (I do, too!)

This gives me an idea... I wonder if we could have a thread or something where we recreate moments from history (both real and fictional).

Great work, Tyson!
  6. Tyson Rayles

Glad you liked it Rory, being as your thread was the inspiration for it. BTW like your new avatar! :cool: Like your idea about recreating moments in history also.
  7. RI541

RI541 Member

That is a sweet looking avatar.:) :) :) :)

You doing anything with your lay-out???
  8. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

The only thing that I've done with the layout lately is look at it... I've got a bit of a problem that needs solving. Our landlord is building a new house that we are slated to move into (probably be ready in February). It's bigger than the house we're in now, but the odd arrangement of the space may mean that I won't have room for my layout!

What to do...what to do???

I've been toying with making it a 2'x4', with maybe a 1 foot shelf running from one end that would be the actual branchline up to Copper Ridge. I don't know yet... I hate to tear everything down, but the prospect of doing all of this a little differently is kinda interesting...

I'll post some trackplan ideas later.

Thanks for the compliments on the avatar. It features one of those nifty 50-ton gondolas and that bobber caboose that Tyson donated to the railway. :)
  9. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

I could be wrong, but wasn't ACME a subsidiary of "Roadrunner Enterprises"?
  10. RI541

RI541 Member

Steve your right on the money,

No room for a lay-out?? Is your land lord out of his mind??? Didn't he run the blue prints by you first before breaking ground???:D :D :D :D

My first 2X4 was based on N-Trak guide line but didn't like the way the tracks have to match up.

You can do alot on a 2X4, I cant but other people have no problems. I think too big or my window of vision is too small.:) :( :) :)
  11. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

LOL now that was funny !!!!!!!!!!! Just like the cartoon.

I always felt sorry for Wile E., though. And really, he should've called Acme and complained. Weren't some of his purchases on warranty ???
  12. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

The New Yorker printed a very funny story some years ago called "Coyote vs Acme". It's just been reprinted in a book of shorts by ?? I'm having a senior moment. Have to look it up. It's the lawyer's summation of Wile E.'s case against the Acme Co.
  13. Mooney

Mooney New Member

Road Runner

This is just to cool:D Great use of the Christmas ornaments!
    You should get a job with Warner Brothers as a cartoonist. Just wanted to let you know that I finally got around to checking it out.
    Will talk with you soon ...

Mooney:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D
  14. Tyson Rayles

Mooney got your pm about you needing to jump in and start posting some. You are correct! :D :D :D
  15. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Oh Man!!!!! :D How did I miss this thread until now?!? What a riot!!!! "Wiley Coyote...SOOOOOOOper Genius!" :)
  16. Ty Rayles

Ty Rayles Member

Thought I'd bump this up so all the new members can also see I don't have a life! :D
  17. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Love it Ty, that made my day...thanks.
  18. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

19. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hey Tyson,
    I was lookin' back at this one, & it occured to me that W.C. & R.R. are really closer to O scale...(hint, hint...;) :D )
    And, of course, you might want to consider some floor-to-ceiling cliffs, for W.C. to fall off of! :D
  20. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

That one was truely classic, Ty. And so well done! Thanks for bumping it up.

New folks will also want to look up The Box . Of course The History of The Box is a good primer. It's a long thread, but worth the read. Good one to bookmark and read a few pages every day.

BTW: The Box is an ongoing project, feel free to participate.