Babylon 5: Omega & Hyperion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Juckiz, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Juckiz

Juckiz New Member

My first two builds. Hyperion class heavy cruiser Breheny by Diego Cortes and Omega class destroyer by jaybats. For some reason i chose Hyperion as my first model. :confused: But i think it came out allright. I did cheat a bit with the antennas and cannons which are made of toothpicks and matches.
    To the Agamemnon i added some parts which i thought were needed. Everything except the antennas are made of paper/cardboard.

Attached Files:

2. David H

David H Member

Woow! As first submissions those are pretty fine examples.

I had forgotten how cool Babylon 5 "stuff" was, it has real weight that is often lacking in some other science fiction shows. Great work!

3. OB10

OB10 New Member

Very cool! I've wanted to build those for quite some time. Good to have inspiration like this.

4. Juckiz

Juckiz New Member

I agree. For me Babylon 5 is "the" sci-fi tv-series, not to take anything away from say Star Trek -universe.

So maybe B5-station would be next... or G'Quan cruiser... :rolleyes:
    Compared to Star Trek the B5-universe is short on models :sad:
    But then again try to make a paper model of a Shadow battlecrab...
    So when B5 -models are done maybe i'll tackle Star Trek next. Insane vessels available :thumb:
  5. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Very clean and detailed builds! My first attempts were much cruder than yours! GREAT job, Juckiz!
  6. Tirt

Tirt Member

very nice, clean and detailed builds.
    I remember that jaybats models are rather simple, but yours looks much more detailed.
    Please share some of your building secrets.
    Great work! :D
  7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Perfect timing, I was just about to build the Omega myself. I guess I'm not the only one re-watching B5 on WB's website huh? Just got into the Earth war in season 4, so the Omega has become a "must-have" for me now. I'll probably go detailed with it too, I might be persuaded to take pictures of the process and post them here...

Well nobody has made a White Star model yet, surprisingly enough. To me, thats tantamount to no model of the Defiant being available for Star Trek fans.
  8. jacberk

jacberk Old Fart - New Member

My favorite Sci Fi Universe and superb builds of two of my favorite big ships. Beautiful!
  9. Juckiz

Juckiz New Member

Thanks guys! :thumb:

Paragon -- That's true. White Star would be very cool....
  10. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Nicely done - I think B5 was attractive because they tried to stay a bit more grounded in reality than some others. F'r instance, they used spinning sections to simulate gravity, though not all the B5 action stayed in that section, and nobody was floating around (once you can make gravity - not just simulate with spin - a lot of "problems" that make plot elements go away). The lack of streamlining is another welcome touch (assuming the M'bari ships were designed for aesthics).

11. PowerPlayGraphix

PowerPlayGraphix New Member

I love B5 and I'd like to see some of the fighters as papercraft!
  12. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

13. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Brilliant builds Juckiz! Welcome to the forum. I see you are already a skilled veteran at the hobby though.
  14. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Don't know how in the world I missed this thread. What a great introduction! Wonderful work Juckiz! Do you have in-progress and/or detail pics of your models? We'd love to see more!