Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
here's a shot from my new model train layout:

trainsmall7cf.jpg

sign1

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
That is one B E A U T I F U L layout ya got there........but there's something not quite right with it...but I can't put my finger on it! :eek:

Attachments

• trainsmall7cf1.JPG
    trainsmall7cf1.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 334

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
Russ Bellinis said:
How did you get that Marx/Lionel to run on 2 rail dc?

i custom build the internals to replicate a HO scale 2 rail DC, i also did aot of work to make the track look real

GASP!!
do I see ballast on the ties???

yep!

Not bad! The weathering on your locos looks very convincing and your track ballasting is excellent!
Ralph

:) thanks!

Where's the edge of this layout? Have you planned access hatches yet? Also, are you using forced perspective with the small scale trailer park in the backround? Boy this scene id VERY deep!

i have my ways of getting around it :D

You need to add people to make it look more realistic.

Tom

it's pretty hard to get any less realistic than that, people might just subtract? sign1

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Looks like a staging yard is hidden by the overpass in the far distance of the first shot, I love the backdrop, but how much did you spend on paint? :D

Also In the distance to the right, that house looks like it's from model power! I think they call it Grandma Moses' House...

In the second photo, did you manage to scratchbuild ALL those buildings yourself? WHEW! :eek:

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
of course it's all scratch built with plenty of time and $$$ spent, i however don't have a log of that stuff sign1

Harpo

Jan 21, 2005
Raleigh NC
I was going to say, gosh, is it real or not...but the accumate couplers were a dead giveaway. Obviously z gauge on HO.
______
Harpo

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Nazgul said:
That is one B E A U T I F U L layout ya got there........but there's something not quite right with it...but I can't put my finger on it! :eek:

don't you hate it when you take an awesome picture to only realize you'd left something in the background where it shouldn't be?