an awesome shot

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Marxed, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Marxed

Marxed Member

here's a shot from my new model train layout:

2. thats a nice layout. what scale is it 1:1:D
  3. isboris4449

isboris4449 Member

You need to add people to make it look more realistic.

4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Not bad! The weathering on your locos looks very convincing and your track ballasting is excellent! :)
  5. Relic

Relic Member

do I see ballast on the ties???
  6. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Where did you find that lot of Marx/Lionel trains??

Gus (LC&P).
  7. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Wow! You did a great job with that fence in the background - very realistic.
  8. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

How did you get that Marx/Lionel to run on 2 rail dc?
  9. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Where's the edge of this layout? Have you planned access hatches yet? Also, are you using forced perspective with the small scale trailer park in the backround? Boy this scene id VERY deep! :D
  10. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Great job on the coupler details and the wipers!! That's not TrueTrack, or is it??:D :thumb:
  11. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

That is one B E A U T I F U L layout ya got there........but there's something not quite right with it...but I can't put my finger on it! :eek:

Attached Files:

12. Marxed

Marxed Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

its pretty realistic? isn't it :thumb:
  13. Marxed

Marxed Member

i custom build the internals to replicate a HO scale 2 rail DC, i also did aot of work to make the track look real

:) thanks!

i have my ways of getting around it :D

it's pretty hard to get any less realistic than that, people might just subtract? sign1
  14. Marxed

Marxed Member

afew other angles sign1

more to come :thumb:
  15. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

You must spend a bundle on Woodland Scenics trees and ground foam. :)
  16. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Looks like a staging yard is hidden by the overpass in the far distance of the first shot, I love the backdrop, but how much did you spend on paint? :D

Also In the distance to the right, that house looks like it's from model power! I think they call it Grandma Moses' House...

In the second photo, did you manage to scratchbuild ALL those buildings yourself? WHEW! :eek:
  17. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

How did you scratchbuilt the winshield wiper on the locomotive ?
  18. Marxed

Marxed Member

of course it's all scratch built with plenty of time and $$$ spent, i however don't have a log of that stuff sign1
  19. Harpo

Harpo Member

I was going to say, gosh, is it real or not...but the accumate couplers were a dead giveaway. Obviously z gauge on HO.
  20. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

don't you hate it when you take an awesome picture to only realize you'd left something in the background where it shouldn't be?