Abrahams?

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: :D UPDATE:
First thanks folks for the kind words, here you can see I have been adding some detail stuff to this building. Fishing net, floats, boxes, wood barrels and metal barrels all help the scene to come together.
ajx.jpg

This is the effect I am striving for on the scene (not the placement of buildings) I did this on the computer to get an idea. Wouldn't it be great to get that water effect? Maybe some of the pro's can give me some tips! :rolleyes:

ajw.jpg

That's about it for now, I think I will be doing maybe one more building for the scene and then it is back to the micro-layout for it's completion. Thanks for viewing and all comments are welcome. :eek: Jim

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:D Thanks again folks, most of the signs I do on typewritter paper as it is thin and jus a light sanding if at all is needed and it will conform to what you put it on with a little work. Here is a couple of more buildings I did for the pier scene. The first is from plans of an old book Bridges & Structures in HO. I followed them somewhat, the project takes no time to do and you can use the scraps in your junk box to make as it is very small in N-scale and not real big in HO. It says not to make things to neat as it is the shanty mans care that kept it up, as you will notice with the crooked roof on the portch, but again one with charecter. So here is the crossing shanty.
ajy.jpg

As you can see the quarter is as big as the building and yes it is scratch built out of wood.
ajz.jpg

aka.jpg

The next building is a background building that will have buildings in front of it so not a lot of detail is needed however, if you look closely you can see that at one time a sign for Lifebuoy Soap with two sailers was painted on the entire front at one time and then the Long Shoreman Warehouse sign was painted later.
akb.jpg

akc.jpg

akd.jpg

ake.jpg

This building will be placed flat against a wall maybe with one or two more.
Well thats it again for now. Enjoy and comments welcome. Later :p Jim

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: :rolleyes: Here is another update of the Bay layout. This is an overview with it sitting in front of Templar Street where it will be attached when the micro-challange is done. The line is the main line thru the bay area on the WC & T.

akg.jpg

Here the Bay Barge Line tug (not finished) is pushing the Lisa into place

akh.jpg

The Bay Side Textile was scratch/bashed out of 3 D P M kits of which I got 3 totaly different structures and bigger, this one, Doc Holidays on the micro-layout and Dugans Cannery in the next picture. They worked great for this area which is build in 4 different levels.

aki.jpg

This is the view of the cannery and Anchor Inn, the dark line is where the main line will be, the one lane cobble stone street has since been heavly wheathered,

akj.jpg

Another view with some of the water poured, many more coats to go.

akk.jpg

More have been done since these pictures, post them a little later.
:blink: Jim

OH, here is one I wanted to show you, I thought it came out pretty neat. I call it Sunrise.

akl.jpg

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Jim, your harbor scene is a true gem! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
First class modeling - congratulations!

Did you scratchbuild Lisa? Or ist she made from a kit?

Ron

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: Hey gang, :) For your viewing pleasure as I go along. Adding some lights and details. More of each to be done yet. Enjoy
aku.jpg

akw.jpg

akx.jpg

aky.jpg

akz.jpg

ala.jpg

alc.jpg

Around here the guys are not the only ones to go skinny dipping the gals do it also. They will be better hidden when more scenery goes in.

ald.jpg

Work never ends at the docks nor the railroad.

ale.jpg

alf.jpg

I sure hope you enjoy these pictures, comments welcome good or bad!
Later, :eek: Jim

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Wow! Nice work Jim! :thumb:

The waterfall looks great, the lighting really adds a lot and the details are excellent. My only suggestion (since you asked) is that the rust on the grey ship looks somewhat out of scale. I think you just need to add some narrower streaks here and there. Otherwise - awesome work!!!!!!!!

Val

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:) You were right Val, I redid it and it looks much better.
:) Hi everyone, I wanted to show where I am at now, nearing completion of my 2 micro layouts. When the compitition is over these 2 will be joined as one to be placed on the larger layout.
It's early morning at Cumberland Bay and looking over the roof tops onto Templar Street. The lights are on and the fog is slowly lifting for another work day. A mixed freight is slowly moving through the bay area on the main line having done its switching chores on Templar Street. The bay is fairly calm this morning and the air is just a little brisk. No major ships have arrived to be loaded or unloaded except for a fishing scooner getting supplies at Barkley wharf, the old pile driver is docked at its home docking area preparing for another day. A couple are getting their small boat ready for a day of fun in the bay. Some ladies decide it is a good day to go skinny dipping in their favorite part of Rory River just behind the Lone Shoreman Warehouse. The action on Templar Street is quite now but as day goes on it will again become very busy. As you look over the roof tops just imagine a day here in the mid 50's, pure rock-n-roll playing on QUBE Radio, a cold drink at Doc Holidays place, a big hamburger at Petes and fun in the sun down on the wharf. Nice ain't it? So just enjoy

alo.jpg

alp.jpg

alq.jpg

alr.jpg

als.jpg

alu.jpg

alv.jpg

alw.jpg

alx.jpg

aly.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Port Authorities decided that the gas light were to expensive to keep up and replaced them with the more modern led lights. I think it takes away from the charm but money is money.
Thanks, later :lol: Jim