Abrahams?

jmarksbery

:wave: Hi, I have not posted any pictures for a while so here are a few. This is a second building I am doing for a second micro-layout that will be added to the big layout. It will be a peir type layout and New England style buildings. If any of you have some neat pictures of such buildings I sure would appreciate seeing them. The building is from the plans of Jim Mooney's Abrahams. Mine is N-Scale. Comment and advise please. Here we go=
ail.jpg

aim.jpg

ain.jpg

aio.jpg

aip.jpg

aiq.jpg

air.jpg

ais.jpg

That's it for now, more later, bye bye :wave: Jim

F

Fred_M

Looks great Jim. :thumb: Please post a picture with a quarter so people can realise how small the building really is. Fred

jmarksbery

update

:wave: Hi everyone, here is an update. This building I am using styrene and the first picture is what I am trying to capture.
aiu.jpg

And as I am modelinge it
aiv.jpg

aiw.jpg

aix.jpg

aiy.jpg

aiz.jpg

aja.jpg

That's it for now, later :sleeping: Jim
and thanks for any comments.

spitfire

Fantastic work Jim!!! Hard to believe it's N scale. That 2nd building is coming along really nicely too. Are you going to paint it as painted or as bare boards?

Val

jmarksbery

:wave: Hi all, Val the building is primer gray although it is showing a little blue. After the building was done I sprayed it all flat black and then down sprayed gray primer so the wood would stand out and then a lot of drybrushing different colors. I think this building is done except for signs and placeing on the bay layout. The next building I think will be the Barkley building and a couple of fishing shacks. As promised here are some pics. of the building.
ajb.jpg

ajc.jpg

ajd.jpg

aje.jpg

ajf.jpg

ajg.jpg

aji.jpg

ajj.jpg

Here are all 3 together, the background is the micro-layout I am working on which will go on a 2 ft. shelf layout and I think the bay area will go in front of this as it is only 1ft. deep X 2ft. long.
ajh.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words and I'll see you later, :cool: Jim

jmarksbery

:) Update. The next little building was designed by me and was done board by board. Ole Bo is living the life of his dreams as he purchased this old business and is patching it up a little, his own hand painted sign and hand written ads to what he has. Stop in and get a cold drink and try his deep fried catfish sandwich, while your there Bo will tell you the best fishing spots in Cumberland Bay.
ajk.jpg

ajl.jpg

The next one you should recognize (I hope) is one of the most photographed and painted buildings in the US. Bradley Wharf in Mass. Except it is kept clean and you know I don't do that! I modeled it as it was when built which was before 1880, the only difference is a dormer was added to the oppisite side. This will be added to my fishing village on the pier layout. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did building it, by the way if anybody ever needs a plan of any of my buildings I think I could do that. PLEASE, comments and advise welcome.
ajm.jpg

ajn.jpg

ajo.jpg

The side you normally don't see
ajp.jpg

ajq.jpg

ajr.jpg

ajs.jpg

Stay tuned for the next update, :huh: Jim

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Fantastic buildings Jim. Bo's live bait is a real charmer. Together they make a very nice mini-scene

RailRon

Jim, you are churning out masterpieces by the dozen! This is awesome!

Not only the scratchbuilding is great, also the weathering is fantastic. Your waterfront scene will be a beauty! :thumb:

Ron

jmarksbery

:wave:
:D Update:
Here's a little building I have wanted to model for some time so I finally did. I think it has a charm of its own as you will see by the narrow dorms on the roof as well as the small wood water tank. I think it will fitt on the pier scene quite well.
ajt.jpg

The building, scratch built, is brick I primed it concrete and let it dry, then light sanded the walls till some of the brick color showed thru. A little different for each wall as they would wheather in different ways in real life. Then added the ink/alcohol wash. The upper is wood did very much the same way, the roofs are tin heavly rusted and washed again. Very wheathered but still a very sound building.
aju.jpg

The signs are not on yet but I do this on the puter to see how the placement will look, this is what I thought, what do you think? Till later this is your Ole Jim just building an ole port town.
ajv.jpg

:rolleyes: Jim

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Another beauty Jim The brick work looks great as does the ANCHOR INN sign. Nicely done.