A Time to Spend

Funny how when I was into model railroading actively back in the 1970's, Athearn cars went for $2.98 to 5.98 and powered Athearn diesels around $35 with dummies around $19.95 and you could buy them all day long but I couldn't afford them then.

Nowadays, although the detail has increased tremendously, it seems you can't touch a good quality car for less than $20 ... and as for locomotives, well you know how much good quality unit goes for -- and they don't even make dummy units anymore -- and I am as far away from affording them now as I was in the 70s! BUT if you don't buy what you want now, when its available, that's all she wrote!

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
Very nice addition to your registry. I, myself, bought a BLI MT 4-8-2 the day after Xmas. Then was informed that I should buy my 2-6-6-2 before January was over, as that would be the last loco related purchase (including rollingstock, buildings, scenery materials, couplers, ANYTHING RR related) as we are building a house.

In the short term, this is going to rough. I mean, I really wanted to finish some scenery... but in the long term, I get the basement of a 28 x 36 shop all to my own.

Good looking locos... and a nice investment...