Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.H, GPM 1:25

Just goes to show that lots of reference, dry fitting or knowing your subject can help in construction, rather than relying on the 'instructions'

Very nice work as always...

One of the few WWII German tanks that made since. I have always liked the looks of the PzKpfW IV.
Great work so far.

These build threads are "the instructions" to reference, This is a Master sharing his work. I doubt "Leonardo da Vinci" would stop to take pics of his work progression or painting stages.

Seats - assembled well, but you need to attach co-driver seat arm and seat separately. Because if you first glue arm to the seat by the markings, it will not fit between wall and transmission.

RBBXF2.jpg

7F1fnu.jpg

Driver levers are without fold lines, but on drawings they are folded. So, I decided on my own how to shape them.

Bc1tQC.jpg

miUTMQ.jpg

rdGf5y.jpg

064o9K.jpg

As usual lack of drawings and broad instruction...
By the way do not attach plate 36 and hatch doors 71a1, 71a2. You need outer skin to position, and it will be done later

Last edited:
When you do your builds, what kind of reference do you use?
Good question Chuffy!
First of all, I like to look for reference of similar builds, to know all errors and to understand the correct build. Secondly i try to look for real drawings, pictures and data in the internet. But it depends on the complexity of the model. If the model is reach with details, I try to make it the best I can with lot of reference and sources (aka Sherman :))
If the model is poor with details - I seek for reference on the go, only when I want to understand how to assemble. (Current model)

Engine is ready.
Took me about a week. Sherman one from Halinski took my half a year ;)

As usual none of the strips were in correct length, because of wrong diameter calculation, but I pointed all of them down and all errors are hidden.
GPM in its finest :)

D1PRXT.jpg

2cu33n.jpg

The resembling is very very broad compared to the original and lack a lot of details, but eventually with whole assembling it will blend well... i hope :)

SiRgsT.jpg

DMgtAi.jpg

vV7zJa.jpg

prmUWS.jpg

126Dyd.jpg

ViuKfW.jpg

Many years ago there was a Squadron or some such book on Panzer IVs that had all sorts of pics of captured and destroyed tanks. I don't know if that would still be available.

Good question Chuffy!
First of all, I like to look for reference of similar builds, to know all errors and to understand the correct build. Secondly i try to look for real drawings, pictures and data in the internet. But it depends on the complexity of the model. If the model is reach with details, I try to make it the best I can with lot of reference and sources (aka Sherman :))
If the model is poor with details - I seek for reference on the go, only when I want to understand how to assemble. (Current model)
Many thanks for the insight to your research...:)