My mini models

The Mercedes used for the Paris to Dakar race won for 3 years in a row. It was basically stock too, different rims and tires, but that was about it. ;)

Reactions: OldMiner
Citroen BX 4x4

Scale : 1:100
Author : FDS model
Source : http://www.minimodel.sk (FE4064-free model)

A few words about the original:

In 1984, a prototype with the number 250 was built for the Paris-Alger-Dakar race. The crew consisted of Michel Morkycki and Odile Viemon. The vehicle crashed on its side during the European stage and could not finish the race.

1262.jpg

My edits:

We recently finished the Dakar rally, so it would be good to add a few cars to the minibox collection. ;)
To begin with, I chose a Citroen BX from FDS. It was supposed to be a simple construction, but after cutting the grills in the rear windows, I thought it would be a shame not to do it all, so I also cut out the front windows... so I had to glass the front window, add to the side the grille (it's a bit thick, but I couldn't find anything thinner) and add a simple interior with a crew... other modifications are more or less standard than other miniboxes - I made the wheels a little more plastic, the front mask and hood and both bumpers, added a wiper and rear view mirrors, on roof antenna and lights...
I dusted the car and added a simple mat, some photos:

DSCN9332.JPGDSCN9336.JPGDSCN9339.JPGDSCN9342.JPGDSCN9343.JPGDSCN9346.JPGDSCN9349.JPGDSCN9353.JPG

Thanx ;)

VW Transporter T3 Dakar

Source : https://www.minimodel.sk (FE4056-free model)

A few words about the real car:

Another not so successful car from Dakar. I couldn't find much about this car, except for one photo showing 3 identical VW Transporters that were supposed to start in 1987...

vw transporter.jpg

I modified the car similar to the previous Citroen, so I added a simple interior with a crew plus minor modifications from the wheels to the roof... when I saw those thin wheels compared to other Dakar miniboxes, it is quite realistic that they had to push it when somewhere sank into the sand... some photos:

DSCN9427.JPGDSCN9432.JPGDSCN9436.JPGDSCN9439.JPGDSCN9444.JPGDSCN9446.JPGDSCN9451.JPGDSCN9457.JPG

Your models/dioramas tell a story. Very cool, and imaginative. ;)

...thanx, I'm glad you like the models ;)

Mercedes-Benz 280 GE
Source : http://www.minimodel.sk (FE1735-free model)

After two less successful cars, I chose the winning car of the Paris-Dakar 1983 rally, the crew consisted of JACKY ICKX/CLAUDE BRASSEUR. With such a successful car, there are many photos of the original car, models, or even a replica that exists, so I could afford more modifications than with previous models.

20-janvier-1983-750x410.jpg

My edits:

Considering the number of photos that I managed to get, this is the most modified Dakar minibox that I have put together so far... Minor modifications are from the wheels to the roof. I will mention at least the most important ones:
-in addition to seats with belts and a dashboard with a steering wheel, I added a frame and a spare wheel to the back of the interior.
-I managed to find a photo of the engine, so I made a simple engine and opened the hood.
-I modified the front mask, added the frame, lights, emblem and glazed the main lights, just like the real car had.
I dusted the car and added a simple mat, some photos:

DSCN9531.JPGDSCN9505.JPGDSCN9509.JPGDSCN9513.JPGDSCN9516.JPGDSCN9519.JPGDSCN9522.JPGDSCN9525.JPG

AWESOME work! The first thing that came into my mind was this headline:

"Texaco car running out of gas!"

:animated:

ARO 242

Source : http://www.minimodel.sk (FE4053-free model)

In 1984, two cars went to the Paris Dakar rally. Under starting number 232, the crew of Gerárd Sarrazin and Michel Guegan presented themselves, under number 233 Christian Avril and Pierre Rousseau completed the race. The following year (1985) they started again, when Gerard Sarrazin drove with Gerard Troublé in the vehicle marked with starting number 217 and Christian Avril with Pierre Rousseau had 218. However, neither of the racing teams reached the finish line. The last time ARO raced was in 1986, when it was driven by Jean-Louis Schlesser, but this time he did not reach the goal either. In 1984, the car was more successful in the Rally of the Pharaohs, which was won by the crew of Christian Avril and Gerárd Troublé driving an Aro–Chrysler. (source wikipedia)
I would just add that 2 of these relatively rare rally specials were produced, one of which was lost over the years and the other ended up in the Czech Republic, where it was supposed to be restored, a nice video can be seen here:

aro_240_6.jpg

My edits:

Considering the photos and video that I managed to find, I managed to modify the minibox quite nicely...Minor modifications are from the wheels to the roof. I will mention at least the most important ones:
-completed interior with crew...
-small modifications to the body, wheels, I added mirrors, wipers...
-I modified the front mask, added the frame, lights, rear bumper...
I dusted the car and added a simple mat and since I found a photo of the car passing through water, I tried to do this on the mat as well, some photos:

DSCN0097.JPGDSCN0092.JPGDSCN0089.JPGDSCN0086.JPGDSCN0081.JPGDSCN0080.JPGDSCN0078.JPGDSCN0073.JPGDSCN0071.JPGDSCN0066.JPG

I see that there are some markings missing. Other than that it's a superb job, as always! :)