Lenshead Type B (CAMOUFLAGE) (rebuild with greebles)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Back in July of 2020, I built the Lenshead Type B (CHARCOAL) (rebuild with greebles). I have decided to rebuild the camouflage version. I printed the parts sheet three times each, so that I can get the greebling and details that I want.
(*NOTE* This model was designed by Shunichi Makino. The template can be found (in the "ORIGINAL" section) here: https://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/ )
Bt.jpg

This will go together very much like the Charcoal version (however, there are a few minor differences. I will be addressing those differences throughout the build).
Starting with the thigh.
Lense Head legs step 1 (THIGH).png

20230825_090744.jpg

20230825_151952.jpg

20230825_152023.jpg

20230825_152040.jpg

20230825_152050.jpg

Last edited:
Next step will be small stepper motors so you can make it walk around and take real pictures. ;)

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack
Next step will be small stepper motors so you can make it walk around and take real pictures. ;)
It is interesting that you mention that. I have actually thought about doing just that. However, I neither have the money nor the equipment to make that possible.
With that being said, when I first saw these models, I thought that it would be interesting to put an actual camera in the head and have it set up as a "nanny" cam.

Reactions: zathros and mijob
I nearly downloaded this last night, spooky!

Looks good so far, with a great camo - "I just might use that scheme on a future build" he said rubbing his chin with a glint in his eye!

Is this from anything in particular?

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack
I nearly downloaded this last night, spooky!

Looks good so far, with a great camo - "I just might use that scheme on a future build" he said rubbing his chin with a glint in his eye!

Is this from anything in particular?
The Lenshead series of Robots is an original design from Shunichi Makino, himself.
I have built all of them (a few times). If you are at all interested in this (or his other models), I would strongly recommend it. His templates are very good and enjoyable to build.

Moving on to the shoulder pieces.
Upper arm-shoulder joint.png

Here are the parts for the shoulder assembly.
20230911_105758.jpg

The first shoulder piece is assembled.
20230912_100850.jpg

Showing the lower piece that connects to the lower arm, swivels.
20230912_101230.jpg

20230912_101247.jpg

Both shoulder pieces are finished.
20230914_070205.jpg

I realized (AFTER I took the photos) that the piston on the one shoulder piece was missing. Yes, I did fix it.