Construction ALIENS Weapon from Nerf

cylongirl

Galactica lives in Germany
Jan 3, 2015
North East Germany, Europa
Wenn Amazon ein Sammlerstück vernichtet
mein Ziel, nach Vorlagen aus dem Internet die Waffe der Colonial Marines nachzubauen
when Amazon destroys a collectible.
my goal is to recreate the weapon of the Colonial Marines using templates from the Internet

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 7
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2739.jpeg
    IMG_2739.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 0
The very first Star Wars toy guns were so true to the original that no-one was able to tell them from real guns. This meant that kids might have got hurt for being assumed to play around with a real gun, especially in the streets or near a bank office. That is the reason why the toy industry began to "toyify" them and use bright and flashy colors and stickers on them and other gun merch. However, if you strip them from those and repaint them you'll be surprised at how authentic they actually look like.

Last edited:
I had both the DL-44 and the Blaster rifle, and loved them. But I was 12 or 13, and played with them heavily. My dad was Base security so, they kinda turned a blind eye as long as we didn't do nothin crazy.

Reactions: Chuffy70
The very first Star Wars toy guns were so true to the original that no-one was able to tell them from real guns. This meant that kids might have got hurt for being assumed to play around with a real gun, especially in the streets or near a bank office. That is the reason why the toy industry began to "toyify" them and use bright and flashy colors and stickers on them and other gun merch. However, if you strip them from those and repaint them you'll be surprised at how authentic they actually look like.
We had all sorts of weapons, blasters, bows and arrows (with suckers on!) and ran around the streets in the mid to late 70's without so much as a care about anything - no-one minded one bit...
heavenly childhood days

• Love
Reactions: Revell-Fan
Next step as in the photos. Mask off, silver and then grey. Mask off again and replace the screws first. Let's see how I manage it
nächster Schritt wie auf den Fotos . Abkleben, Silber und dann grau. wieder abkleben und vorher noch die Schrauben ersetzen. Mal schauen wie ich es hinbekomme

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    949.4 KB · Views: 10
Next step Chipping with the salt method. Hopefully the plan works
Abplatzer mit der Salzmethode. Hoffentlich funktioniert der Plan

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg