1960 Alvis TD21

That's not a rant, and unfortunately, the not caring of people by their families is becoming worse. You're doing the work of someone who loves. You see a person in need, not just need. The best to both of you. :)

Good work on your model! I like your style!

I hope things get better for you and your relative. it sucks for a person when their family is not there for them I had to learn the hard way that family isn't always there for you when you need them. Such is life, I guess.

If you need anyone to talk to we're here for you. @zathros is a great guy to talk to, as are @Rhaven Blaack and @Revell-Fan ! Just let us know if you need anything.

A little progress on the new build of this 1960 Alvis TD21. Basic structures and dry test fit. I went back to being very basic on this build. Rudimentary shapes of the body components. On the previous build, I tried to represent the valleys between the hood and fenders (bonnet and wings), and between the trunk (boot) and the rear quarters, which gave the car a choppy appearance. Getting back to my raw basic method has smoothed out the overall look, IMO.P1010005 (11).JPGP1010006 (9).JPGP1010008 (9).JPGP1010007 (10).JPGP1010001 (10).JPGP1010002 (13).JPGP1010003 (12).JPG

This model has much better lines! :)

I would use plastic from Blister packaging, and paint the inside a dark grey. The aluminum doesn't cut it, IMHO. ;)

Reactions: OldMiner
Some of the old plastic promos from the '50s had the foil windows. I once had a PMC '53 Nash that had those.
I will take your suggestion and use plastic for the windows. I have notebook page protectors. It will take some reworking, but there's nothing on the calendar for tomorrow, so I can start it then.

The foil can be chrome for the grille and bumpers.

Clear window is looking much better. You can go for a simple interior. Seats and stearung wheel. That would work for ne. I geuss you can borrow seats and stearing wheel from other models.

Reactions: zathros