YOUR Freelance Road?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Gary S., Sep 26, 2007.

1. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

How about posting some pics of your free-lanced road's locos and rolling stock?

Once I get further along on the layout, I would like to do a few cars in some of y'all's roads that I could run on my layout, of course, with your permission to do so.

For example, Ralph, I like the KP&W scheme and would like to copy a boxcar so I could use it on my layout.
  2. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Not exactly MY road, but my Dad's:

I'm also working on a number of other cars for him, I'm going to change to white & yellow lettering, on Tuscan. If you're interested in making one, please let me know first, as I can clear up a road number in the roster. ;)

Oh, and I'm playing around with Duff beer cars (for you Simpsons fans...), the reporting marks will be DUFX for insulated boxcars, and DFFX for covered hoppers. I'll roll out some prototypes there in a month or 2.
  3. railohio

railohio Active Member

For now, nothing; ask me by the end of the year, however, and there will be plenty to share.

(Why do I hear Catt laughing in the background?)
  4. Catt

Catt Guest

Cuz I know ya buddy.:mrgreen:

My freelanced railroad is the Grande Valley Ry. and it's been around in one form or another since 1978.I would be pleased to have some of my railroad's cars on your rails.(pics later,I promise )
  5. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Gees, Thats all I've been posting pics of in the "Photo Fun Of The Week" threads.
    But yeah...You can use it if you want.
  6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Orange is a great color for freelanced equipment! :)

Gary I'd be very flattered and thrilled to see a KP&W car on some one else's layout!
  7. JorgeC

JorgeC Member

Hi Gary,

I dont have any engines painted up yet for my freelanced railroad, but I have patterned my paint scheme after the Southern Pacific. I like the SP and have a couple of SP engines on my layout as if they have been purchased from the SP.

Have fun,

Attached Files:

8. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

I enjoy modeling the Mission Valley and Pacific!

9. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Well, the only freelanced loco I have is Riverside #1116:
    Although I hope to get some custom rolling stock when I get the foam down.
  10. Roger Hensley

Roger Hensley Member

Ok, here's one.

11. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

None as yet, but the plan is that a doodlebug and possibly a combine or "passenger caboose" will get the name Ottawa, Algonquin & Georgian Bay. Colours will be as early Canadian National - green with yellow lettering.

One other name I had considered was Marlpost, Ontario & Western or MOW - lots of ready painted rolling stock in that name...! ;) :D

12. brakie

brakie Active Member

Heres the C&HV power.

A C&yHV Boxcar.

Huron River,RY.

13. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

This is nice, I like seeing the roads!
  14. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Shinnecock Hills Lumber Company 2-6-6-2T

Sagaponack Montauk & Cindys Harbor RR (new scheme) BL20-2

SM&CH (steam era scheme, w/ boxcars)

Sag Harbor Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Company (3 foot gauge industrial, the parent company for the SHLC, SM&CH, And the Wiscasset Bucksport & Schoodic Point 30" gauge [no pics yet] )
  15. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Elora Gorge & Eastern:

Grand Valley:

Erie Northshore (Grand River & Northern Lake Erie):

Grand River Southern:

Sorry, I got carried away. :oops: ;)

16. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Wayne, did any of those roads survive into the 1970s?

Does the Grand River Southern have its own boxcars?
  17. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Anyway I could procure decals for your Erie Northshore?
  18. Printer

Printer Member

Wayne, NEVER apologize for posting your marvelous work. Get "carried away" more often. I get a great deal of pleasure and inspiration looking at your layout.

19. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

I second what Printer says! Keep'em comin' DocWayne!
  20. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Hey Ralph!

Can you post a sideview of a KP&W boxcar? And what number do you want me to use for the car I am doing? This will be of the 40 foot single-door variety.