Yes, another TARDIS...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RocketmanTan, Jan 4, 2013.

1. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

Yes, I will admit, it's a very overdone topic, but in all honesty, I've come to see it as something that every designer should try out, and it's something that I've always wanted to design.
    I guess this is due in part to the large amount of simplified TARDISes I've seen, with even the most detailed ones lacking in the indented panels, jambs, and other minor details.
    Hopefully, I can try my best to do my own detailed job, but I'm not holding my breath.

2. jherazob

jherazob Member

You say that like it's a bad thing :mrgreen:

Just wanted to say that i like your work, and i'm interested to see this one. :thumb:
  3. tjbmurph

tjbmurph Member

Looking forward to seeing this! (one can never have too many TARDISes)
  4. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

A new and detailed TARDIS?!?
    I have to say that you have grabbed my interestin this project.
    I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Good luck with it.
  5. leofirebrand

leofirebrand Member

Can never have too many TARDISes. Looks great and I love seeing people make all the details 3D. Do you plan on overlaying a woodgrain texture to your images?
  6. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

Ohhh Me Me Me I want one please :) I tried the cubecraft Tardis and hated it. am currently building a MMI Resin Tardis.
  7. Bhelliom

Bhelliom Member

I agree, especiall if you're adding the 3d texture details mssing from all the others. I cut out and layered the panels on my copy I built from the plans in the Dr. Who Tech manual years ago. Took forever, and was a real pain, but the result was worth it. Got crunched a while back, so I could use a new one. I'll be looking forward to this.

Scott K.
  8. RocketmanTan

Oh man, texturing has always been one of my greatest weaknesses...I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to yet, but I'll definitely give it a shot.
  9. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Yeah... A DETAILED Tardis....:mrgreen:

Please do an interior with it..... sign1

I grew up with Dr Who and the Daleks.

Would love to build this version. :thumb:

Oh, and PS: Nice to see another Linux'er in the world of MS dominance. :rolleyes:
  10. RocketmanTan

Got most of the layered details drawn up. Funny how a lot of them are mostly white space...

11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I too must add I've never heard anyone say "I am getting Tar..Dis.. Dr. Who stuff". Get it, Tar Dis work, Tired of Dis, Ah, I guess if you have to explain it, it's not funny.:p

12. RocketmanTan

And all the parts have finally been drawn up. Gonna do the cover page, and then it's time for the testbuild.

13. Maverick65

Maverick65 Member

Nice work! :thumb: My friend and I agree you cannot have enough tardis's. Looking forwardto seeing how this one turns out. I'm currently building the steampunked version for his birthday. He doesn't see very well so I do the building for him.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your build.
  14. RocketmanTan

Alright, got the centermost "core" pieces done. Now to add on the layers:
  15. RocketmanTan

currently have everything up to the "POLICE BOX" signs:
  16. RocketmanTan

aaand done!
    Depending on how tired I am, I'll either upload later in a few minutes, or tomorrow.

17. RocketmanTan

18. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Thank you Rocketman!
  19. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

Thank you... Looks much better that a Cubie
  20. tjbmurph

tjbmurph Member

Thanks Rocketman Tan! can't wait to give this a go!