Wye module progress

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
heres how the left side is starting to look like. I took some spackle and started to make the road and area where the gas station will be. The Pavement area is pretty much done in the way of the spackle i just need to build the gas station get the ground painted and lay down the "asphalt" & "concrete" I actually enjoyed doing the roads.

Attachments

• 640x480 corner gas station.jpg
    640x480 corner gas station.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 445

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
Well since we had problems with the forum I'll post the picture I had up last week. I'll also add a couple others.

Attachments

• 640x480 Corner Gas Station 2.jpg
    640x480 Corner Gas Station 2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 366
  • 640x480 Corner Gas Station 3.jpg
    640x480 Corner Gas Station 3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 368
  • 640x480 Corner Gas Station 4.jpg
    640x480 Corner Gas Station 4.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 361

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
That second one i had to compress so much it looks like crap now :curse: originally a 2272xwhatever.... well heres the lot area. I've since painted it with concrete. I should take some pictures of that :p these squares are about 12'x12' I put the truck there to give you an idea. I'm thinking i made the squares too small as i've noticed concrete can be in bigger areas. Oh well this will be fudged :D Anyone know anything about how the concrete would normaly be spaced? I've found limited information on this subject.

Attachments

• 640x480 Corner Gas Station 5.jpg
    640x480 Corner Gas Station 5.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 351

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Have you tried looking at Pics of Airport Runways (Of course these days that could get you in trouble). Anyways, looking at images may be your only way to figure the spacing. You might try a search for Building warehouses, or hangers (they often have wide floors).
Sorry... Only suggestions. I don't have any straight to it links.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Part of the 401 in Toronto is still concrete slab construction. The slabs are about 12 feet wide (one lane), but are longer - I don't know by how much. It is hard to judge distances when travelling at 100+ km/h. Maybe 30 - 40 feet long? I think your squares look just right for a gas/service station.

Andrew

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
thanks guys.

SD90- as for the radius on the curve they are both a little under 24" mainly because of the space i had to squeeze it in. I tried to get it as close to 24 as possible because of the N-trak standards. If they reject using it i wont be too upset. The main reason i made an N-trak wye is to connect it to my future oNe track modules. I was also informed i have to use an auto reverser if I use dcc to reverse the loco as far as polarity and direction. Apparently you cant manually reverse it with dcc beause you have to have something smart enough to reverse the direction of the loco in the isolated section.
Back to the radius. so far i've run autoracks around the curve and it looks a little weird but they run fine on it.

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
After break from modeling aka deployment to Georgia.... I started working on the gas station some more. Partly since all monday I was stuck on the Apartment without a vehicle. My truck just stopped running in the middle of the road so I coasted into the Whataburger and called some friends from work to see if we could figure it out. After some scratching of the heads, I called for a tow truck and had it taken to the dealership since I got the extended warranty. Well enough of my rambling....

Here's the road sign with the gas prices. The prices are adjusted to reflect the current year as shown.

Attachments

• 640x480 Clark Station Sign.jpg
    640x480 Clark Station Sign.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 270

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
:D haha yah yah. I know you guys pay like 4 somethin. I think us americans should take a look at your budgets up there. It was up to 1.99 but since then it had dropped. I remember a little over a couple years ago it was down to 0.99 so this is a drop in the wallet for what we're used to.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
b28_82: the reversing module is your insurance. It also is something you can put in and then forget about.
If your wye was just for reversing locos, I would suggest hooking it up through the dpdt switches on a switch machine. But if you have a string of modules beyond, it would have to flip their polarity every time you changed the switch.

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
Yeah the plan is to have some way of attaching my future oNe track modules to an Ntrak setup. I thought that I could do it manually the way i was planning on wiring it as shown below

Attachments

• wye wiring.JPG
    wye wiring.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 179