Workin' the Mine

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by steamhead, Jan 13, 2007.

1. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Just a couple of pics of the ol' 0-8-0 working the El Diablo mine...

Attached Files:

2. nachoman

nachoman Guest

very nice!

what make are the ore cars on the left in the lower photo?

3. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

GREAT WORK!!!:thumb: :thumb: and NICE PICS!, Gus:thumb:. :D -Deano
  4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I really like that second shot especially with the trackside view of the loco! Nice work! It sure looks hot and dry at El Diablo...I guess that's appropriate! :)
  5. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Kevin, Deano,, Ralph...Thanks for dropping in, and appreciate your comments.:thumb:
    The two little ore cars are Red Ball. They/re all metal kits. I picked them up at an antiques store many moons ago.
  6. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

I love to see pics of your exceptional work!
    The mine looks sweet and I agree, the second shot is especially nice!:thumb:
    the ballasting looks awesome as well!:thumb:
    keep it up!
  7. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Nice pictures. I especially like the mine building and the rocks in the background. Great job :thumb: .
  8. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice looking scene, Gus, :thumb: and nice depth-of-field in that second shot, too. I also like the angle from which the pictures were taken, which really enhances the realism.

9. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Steve, Kurt, Doc...Your kind comments makes me just want to do some more...!!! You guys are among the very best modelers on this forum, so I'm gratified to hear from you.:D

I "discovered" the macro feature in my camera which helps to get those close-up shots in focus. I just gotta work some more on the lighting. I think those very white walls play havoc with the color.

Thanks for visiting...
  10. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Great modeling & photos Gus!
    :thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb: