Woodland Scenics poly fiber

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by csxengineer, Oct 1, 2003.

1. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

I used poly fiber on my mountain by spraying the mountain with adhesive first, stretching the poly fiber on to it, spraying again, then dusting on woodland scenics blended grass. It's ok, but not "awesome".

I see some guys making millions of polyfiber balls dipped in glue then folliage, and painstakingly placed on the hills.

Which do you prefer? I have nick named myself "the impatient modeler", cause I don't have patience to make a million trees.
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

When you put on the polyfibre and grass, are you going for groundcover, or trees?

If trees, see Tyson Rayles' Eastern style forest & steep ridges thread in The Academy.

3. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

I get it now.

I guess I wasted time & $ by building a mountain that actually didn't have to be. I like the way that was done, thanks for posting that :)
  4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

It's never a waste if you've learned something... Even if it's an easier way! I get those kinds of "lessons learned" all the time... :rolleyes:

5. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

My desire to have good looking trees, is still strong enough to smack my impatience upside the head and put it in its place. The seven hundred odd trees on my 2' X 12' of modules, did require a lot of "smackin' ":D :D :D