wood loads

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by csxnscale, Mar 9, 2003.

1. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

A few different loads on flat cars.
    The log car is heavely weathered, the flat car and bulkhead flat are new out the box.
    Love N-scale.

2. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Paul,

Real nice looking loads and a great job on the weathering.

3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Paul, I will second Rons remarks, well done.
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Good lookin stuff.. whadya makin' yer logs outa???
  5. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Thumbs Up!

Really nice work!:)
  6. Jim T

Jim T Member

Paul, What a great picture to show the contrast between weathered and unweathered! Good looking loads also.

7. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

Thanks for the nice comments.
    Jon the logs are made of buxus, it is surrounding my garden and I have to cut it once or twice a year, so have plenty of it.

8. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

They look great, Paul, I have 100 + feet of variouse hedges and I only WISH I could cut them just once a year! It's every two weeks. :D :D :D That's what I use for my trees... so far. :p
  9. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

Maybe you can your "little plastic people" do the cutting every two weeks.
    Of course they need a ladder.;) ;) ;)

10. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I think Jon would be in serious trouble if they ever got to the "top of the ladder":D :D :D :D :D
  11. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Never happen, Pete, I'd just melt the ladder out from under them!
  12. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Thanks Jon, I needed a good laugh this morning.
  13. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great imagination and laughs everyone. Paul, thanks for posting these three different loads. I was wondering what I could use now you have provided the ideas.
  14. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Yes, thanks for the pics, I think using wood for wood is always best if you can, and if you can use bark for the bark, that's one up! I think the biggest risk besides bringing a bug in to the house is they may change over time. But what the heck, they're free :) For my tree's I've been using pivot hedge, because it has bark when it is 1/8" diameter or smaller, and some barberry or something. When I get into giant oaks, I'll just have to get some oak branches at Mom and Dad place :)