Wolf Guard Terminator (build) / by Daishi / ~1:10

daishi

Apr 14, 2011
Hungary
Yes it does! I tried it a few week ago but it looked terrible.
Turns out I just needed a camera stand so the camera wont change angle :).

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
So, here goes a standard issue Terminator Power Fist:

Hmmm, not cool enough. Add some hoses.

Hoses? Cool? No way! Add skulls!

Much better. And now, add claws!

Yes, you do not want to stand on a wrong side of this thing :twisted:

It reminded me of a joke I saw recently:
Some people shouldn't high-five

BTW Daishi, that is a great reference picture you posted (i mean the rotating one) :thumb:

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
Hi, FYI, the grid is in inches.

Assault cannon took a little of scratching to make it look better (and adequate to the scale).

Ammo box - added a few parts to recess the "windows", made the shells from a wooden skewer painted golden, and added the links to the belts. Yes, and the bolts or rivets or whatever this is.

The "body" of the cannon - this was a bit of a puzzle to figure out how it goes together. Almost no scoring to make the shape round.

The barrel assembly - rolled paper, rounded segments (I used the sides from the kit, but not the faces - these were really too polygonal). I redid the muzzle area (still not very probable, but looking better than the original "muzzle" in the middle). As a reference I had this similar Dreadnought Assault cannon:

...and ended with this:

Finished. A big gun. Enough said.

All right, we have a problem here - the assembly is pretty heavy, mainly the barrel cluster. I should have put some counter-weight into the ammo box to get it more balanced. Perhaps I will do it yet, but it will take some operating :) Scalpel, please...

arkon

Aug 22, 2011
texas
is your cutting matt grid in inches or half inches?

that assault cannon looks great! all those barrels the same size! i would have cheated and found something round to use. bravo zulu to you sir for stickin with paper!

daishi

Apr 14, 2011
Hungary
That Assault cannon looks wicked!

I feel tempted to remake mine ... probably wont happen, or will do when i make Thunder Hammer and Strorm Shield arms .... not anytime soon :p